Final Fantasy VII: The Remake (1 Viewer)

Just so everyone knows, the game is going to be in multiple parts. This will just be part one and take you through the Midgar storyline. They have fleshed it out to full length, though. Physical version will cover 2 blue ray discs.
80% of that time will be boss battles..haha.

80% of that time will be boss battles..haha.
Not much different than before. Lol

At least they won't give us one disc that is just Cloud killing Sephiroth and then game over.

(Suddenly wondering if game codes from the original PS version will still work.) :hihi:

d6cr0iz-b9232e12-218d-441d-a2a7-5890c494a64d.jpg

In the original Final Fantasy, 80% of the time was spent fighting dinosaurs in order to level up enough to be able to beat the bosses.

BTW, I love what they're doing with the battle system in this. I was worried they were going to turn it into a pure Kingdom Hearts-esque real time combat RPG, but with the ATB system it retains the strategy of turn based combat while giving you the opportunity to do real time combat if you want to, as well. Best of both worlds. Should be the default FF combat system going forward, IMO.

So did anyone else pre-order or am I the only one crazy enough to not wait until March?

I hear VII is most people's favorite one. Final Fantasy VIII is the only one I've played and I loved it. In fact I bought it as a reward for almost dieing on the Cleary bridge going to Toys R Us. They didn't have any out so I asked if they had more and they did so I got the first one out of that box, not that that matters.

I hear VII is most people's favorite one. Final Fantasy VIII is the only one I've played and I loved it. In fact I bought it as a reward for almost dieing on the Cleary bridge going to Toys R Us. They didn't have any out so I asked if they had more and they did so I got the first one out of that box, not that that matters.

I didn't play the first two that were released in the US, but my top 4 are...

FF III (technically FF 6), the one for SNES. There is a PS1 version that's a bit better, with some cut scenes and auto sprinting.

FF7

FFX

FFXV - The newest one. It's not as good as the other three, but it's pretty solid.

I wasn't in love with 8, 9, 12, 13... I really hated the battle system for 12 and 13.

But, if you still game a bit, do yourself a favor, play 7, 10, and 15. 7 nd 3 may be the hardest, since they will feel old and clunky. 10 was re-released for PS3 and PS4.

Even though, I think SNES type graphics are kind of charming. Early PS1 polygons are a bit jarring.

FF 7 and 3 have the two best main villains in the franchise.

I didn't play the first two that were released in the US, but my top 4 are...

FF III (technically FF 6), the one for SNES. There is a PS1 version that's a bit better, with some cut scenes and auto sprinting.

FF7

FFX

FFXV - The newest one. It's not as good as the other three, but it's pretty solid.

I wasn't in love with 8, 9, 12, 13... I really hated the battle system for 12 and 13.

But, if you still game a bit, do yourself a favor, play 7, 10, and 15. 7 nd 3 may be the hardest, since they will feel old and clunky. 10 was re-released for PS3 and PS4.

Even though, I think SNES type graphics are kind of charming. Early PS1 polygons are a bit jarring.

FF 7 and 3 have the two best main villains in the franchise.

I don't really game anymore but if I did I'd be playing Diablo 3 on the PC. When it comes to game systems all I have is the regular NES and the PS2 Slim. A couple of years ago I traded in my Xbox One, Wii U and New Nintendo 3DS XL for money towards the Meet and Greet package for Alice Cooper when he was down here at the Saengar. I barely played my systems so it was totally worth it. Although I could've kept the 3DS because I actually did play that but the money helped.

Like I said before, VI and VII are tied as my favorites. VII probably gets the most hype as it was the first 3D version and was an early title of the original PlayStation, and was many people's first experience with the series. It was also substantially different from all the games that had come before it, which had been traditional medieval-esque fantasy settings with some magical technology elements. VI deviated a bit from that and had a good bit of steampunk influence to its world, but VII was just a whole new ball game in terms of world building. By far my favorite setting in any Final Fantasy game. Magic is obviously a thing, but instead of evil Empires you've got an evil energy conglomerate that is destroying the planet and society. Instead of evil wizards you've got mad scientists performing genetic experiments. Instead of knights and archers you've got genetically enhanced super soldiers and guys with machine guns mounted to their arms. It takes all those fantasy tropes and overlays them into a world of more advanced technology/magic that has this kind of burned out dieselpunk aesthetic going on.

If I had to personally rank my favorites:

VI/VII (tied)
IV (laid the groundwork for Final Fantasy growing into a much more story and character driven series, after the first three games had fairly generic "Heroes unite to save the world from evil" plots.)
VIII (did not love it originally, but I've grown to like it more with time. The draw system is still my least favorite magic system in the series, though.)
IX (a very real throwback to the original NES and SNES FF games. Kind of a nostalgia trip that may not be for everyone. It has a lot of detractors.).

Can't wait to see this in full glory. (Don't click if you concerned about a 20 year old spoiler)

Or this

I hope they keep the Materia system largely the same, so I can grind my way to five mastered copies of Knights of the Round and spam ridiculous amount of damage.

Actually, it wouldn't shock me if they try to rebalance the system some. Endgame was very easily broken by insane materia combinations, especially if you had maxed/mastered everything.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom