Final Fantasy XIII: Sell me on it (1 Viewer)

HennessyRob

NOLA Raised
Reaction score
A guy was playing a demo of this game at Gamestop lastweek during a midnight release.
I was blown away by the graphics and music.
I'm thinking about buying this game.

What type of replay value does FF games typically have?
I've wasted too much money on games that were labeled "Must own" but had very very little replay value.

Help me out guys.
Why should I buy it?
Why shouldn't I buy it?

Final Fantasy is a love hate relationship type thing. I love them, and will play anyone that they release. If you're not into turn based RPGs with HEAVY stories, then you may not like it. You'll always get great graphics and some of the best music ever in video games. As far as gameplay time is concerned, they're usually anywhere between 40-50 hours of main plotline with the possibility of a LOT more hours with side quests and what not. If you're not into the whole turn based battle system and LONG slower paced games, then you probably won't like it all that much. But, if you're down with spending a lot of hours on a game, then there's no better game to spend em on!

if you buy it, you should pick up some panties as well.... ;)

I honestly hate you. :smilielol:

I was drinking something prior to scrolling down and reading this, but had I read this a few seconds prior, I would have :spit:all over my brand new monitor. :hihi:

I am a huge FF fan. You should experience it. Long on story with awesome graphics. I will admit that imo they peaked with VII VIII and IX, but I am really looking forward to getting my hands on this game.

As someone already stated the games are turned based, therefore slower paced then a lot of "next gen" games, but based on their past alone, I am willing to drop the cash on it.

RSF

Last edited:
I.

the games are turned based, therefore slower paced then a lot of "next gen" games, but based on their past alone, I am willing to drop the cash on it.

RSF

I'm not the biggest Turn Based RPG fan.
ex: I hit you twice then stand back and wait for you to hit me seems stupid.

I'm leaning hard towards getting this one.
I just don't want to drop $60 on it,play it once, then it just sits there because going through it another time would mean that I saw 11 min of something new.

I'm not the biggest Turn Based RPG fan.
ex: I hit you twice then stand back and wait for you to hit me seems stupid.

I'm leaning hard towards getting this one.
I just don't want to drop $60 on it,play it once, then it just sits there because going through it another time would mean that I saw 11 min of something new.

The battle system in XIII is much faster then other Final Fantasy titles, so the wait won't be as bad :9:

Replay value isn't as important when the games usually take 50+hours to beat. Replay value is in the connection you have to the story in the game. Parts 6, 7 and 8 have unlimited replay value for me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom