Final Q&A with Coach Sean Payton ahead of Lions game (1 Viewer)

Andrus

Owner/Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
snews.gif

Full Story - NewOrleansSaints.com

What are your thoughts on the report that the league will add an eighth official?

“All I know is they have been discussing for the last year and a half the addition of an eighth official on game day. From my information it’s just something that’s just been discussed. I don’t know, while I’m fairly certain it isn’t finalized yet. It’s been discussed pretty in depth.”

What does an eighth official add?

“Well it would be on the defensive side of the ball. In the back end to get a look. When they took the umpire if you recall the umpire used to sit at linebacker depths if you will and a few years ago they moved him back behind the offense opposite the referee. One of the challenges is capturing or seeing defensive holding on the defensive line or screens down field. There are some calls that become more challenging to make. I know that’s one area, the one thing these guys all do a great job with are their eyes. On every play are trained to go here, here, here, here and that person’s eyes would have the same type of assignment. Here than here and I know that’s one of the main reasons.”

Did you have any personal relationship with Joe McKnight?

“No, I never met him. I’ve heard the name only because of Reggie Bush.”

By NewOrleansSaints.com

Full Story - NewOrleansSaints.com

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom