Final record and what it gets Saints (1 Viewer)

st dude

The dotless one
Super Moderator
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
14-2 - Should get the Saints home field advantage throughout playoffs as it would include a win over 49ers, it’s not likely Packers win out. Saints have tiebreaker over Seahawks

13-3 - Probably good enough for one of two byes, maybe home field throughout with win over 49ers and depending what Packers and Seahawks do

12 -4 - Still easily wins division and hosts wild card game. Outside chance of getting second bye.

11-5 - Same as 12 - 4 with lesser chance of bye. Most likely hosts wild card game as division winner.

10 - 6 - Even 10-6 more likely than not wins West, particularly if at least one of this wins is over Panthers. No reasonable hope of bye game at 10 - 6.

9 - 7 - I think even 9-7 could win South where the Panthers are the only team with a reasonable chance to break .500. The Panthers are in for a reality check going forward. Replacing Newton will not be as easy as it seems.

The bottom line is the Saints are heavy favorites to win the South and host at least one game. The Saints can essentially, but not mathematically, win the South with a win over Panthers Sunday. The Saints might need to win out to get home field throughout but can still lose a game and have a good shot at one of the two byes.

The Packers have two challenging games remaining - at the 49ers and at the Vikings.
Chances are they don’t lose both, it wouldn’t surprise me to see them go 5-1 down the stretch. Very little margin for error for the Saints.

I think the Packers will lose both games.

I also think the Saints are running the table getting to 13-2 and will be able to rest starters again in week 17.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom