Finally got a original one (2 Viewers)

DEUCE26

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Happy Father's Day to me!!! Not bad, no staple or pin holes :):9:
Got this off Ebay!!

Who dat!!!

Vaughn Johnson was the stepchild of the bunch. People often forgot just how good he was. I know he could bust some heads, that's for sure!

Some of the hardest hits I have ever seen were unleashed by Vaughan. Rickey lived in the backfield, causing mayhem on about half the plays. His fingers were huge, as big as bananas, and he was not good at grabbing jerseys and arms. If he wrapped you up, you were going down hard. Swilling was so fast he ran right around most Left Tackles. Mills was a tackling machine. All 4 could have played at the highest level in the modern NFL.

Nice poster, thanks for sharing!

I know you paid a pretty penny for that. Every one I have seen for sale are 200-500 each. Awesome Fathers Day gift. You need to frame it.

Vaughn Johnson was the stepchild of the bunch. People often forgot just how good he was. I know he could bust some heads, that's for sure!

Yeah, I saw Warren Moon quoted one time saying the hardest he ever got hit was by VJ.

Man, I used to have this poster on my wall when I was a kid. Sure wish I'd taken better care of it.

I know you paid a pretty penny for that. Every one I have seen for sale are 200-500 each. Awesome Fathers Day gift. You need to frame it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-New...intage_Sports_Memorabilia&hash=item35c7d5ae90

I was little skeptical, but I actually got if for 49.00 on ebay, I knew these were going for around that 200++, It was to good to be true and I was the only bidder, so I was holding my breath til it came in, it did not disappoint, Can't wait to get this framed.

Jim Henderson nicknamed him "SuperCollider"! :9:

On a side note: I have a black and white 8x10 proof of that poster. They were sent out to places that carried these type posters prior to the release of it. I have only ever seen one other, many years ago, at a card show and the guy wasn't selling it. My wife found this one on line last year for me:

I also have a 5x7 color proof of this awesome poster as well. Have YET to be able to find the poster itself though:

Yeah, I saw Warren Moon quoted one time saying the hardest he ever got hit was by VJ.

Man, I used to have this poster on my wall when I was a kid. Sure wish I'd taken better care of it.

Roger Craig also made a comment after being hit by Johnson.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom