Finally not mad at Drew Brees anymore (1 Viewer)

U can’t blame the oline every time Drew has a lousy game. He still had enough chances to make more positive plays

U can’t blame Lutz for missing a fg every blue moon, especially when he was clutch when it mattered most (unlike Drew)

Quit coddling this 41 yr old future HOF who’s damn near a 20 yr vet @ his position. He committed his turnovers all on his own n they just happened to be the difference of the game. Of course this loss is on “Breesus”

U can’t blame the oline every time Drew has a lousy game. He still had enough chances to make more positive plays

U can’t blame Lutz for missing a fg every blue moon, especially when he was clutch when it mattered most (unlike Drew)

Quit coddling this 41 yr old future HOF who’s damn near a 20 yr vet @ his position. He committed his turnovers all on his own n they just happened to be the difference of the game. Of course this loss is on “Breesus”

I agreed with your first paragraph. But then you sent your point off the rails with the Lutz sentence.

Lutz’s MAIN job is to kick field goals. How can you say “don’t blame him” for missing the occasional field goal, but blame Drew for an occasional red zone fumble? Neither guy makes a habit of doing either.

I have no issue laying most of the blame for the loss at Drew’s feet. However, I refuse to dismiss all the other little toes(players) that played a part in us blowing that game.

So, the loss is entirely on Brees, and everyone else gets a pass, no matter how lousy they played. Got it.

I agreed with your first paragraph. But then you sent your point off the rails with the Lutz sentence.

Lutz’s MAIN job is to kick field goals. How can you say “don’t blame him” for missing the occasional field goal, but blame Drew for an occasional red zone fumble? Neither guy makes a habit of doing either.

I have no issue laying most of the blame for the loss at Drew’s feet. However, I refuse to dismiss all the other little toes(players) that played a part in us blowing that game.

But it wasn’t just the fumble now wasn’t it?

And @least that was merely an untimely mishap. The INT was just plain carelessness n arrogance. Just couldn’t let Taysom upstage him SMDH

Like I said Lutz had to hit 2 40+ yarders in a row when the game was on the line the most. That’s poise n composure. His miss doesn’t compare to the actions of a guy who supposed to be strengthening his legacy before retirement

You do realize that if Lutz hits that fieldgoal before the half we win the game right? That wasn’t some run of the mill miss. He choked on that play, too. There is plenty of blame to go around for that loss. That’s the point.

You’re pointing out where Drew screwed up and cost us the game. I’m saying that that’s fine, but don’t forget to point out other players who fell short. You can’t give Lutz credit for the other two field goals but overlook the shank.

You do realize that if Lutz hits that fieldgoal before the half we win the game right? That wasn’t some run of the mill miss. He choked on that play, too. There is plenty of blame to go around for that loss. That’s the point.

You’re pointing out where Drew screwed up and cost us the game. I’m saying that that’s fine, but don’t forget to point out other players who fell short. You can’t give Lutz credit for the other two field goals but overlook the shank.

Sure, we possibly win if he hits the fg. But we most definitely win if ur all pro QB doesn’t screw up on 2 potential scoring drives

Either way, Drew hurt us more than anyone n it’s unacceptable @ this point of his career

But it wasn’t just the fumble now wasn’t it?

And @least that was merely an untimely mishap. The INT was just plain carelessness n arrogance. Just couldn’t let Taysom upstage him SMDH

Like I said Lutz had to hit 2 40+ yarders in a row when the game was on the line the most. That’s poise n composure. His miss doesn’t compare to the actions of a guy who supposed to be strengthening his legacy before retirement
This is quite possibly one of the dumbest things I've read on this forum. The notion that Brees threw deep into double coverage because he didn't want to be upstaged by Taysom is idiotic.

Regardless if the QB next season is Drew, or Taysom, Teddy, a Rookie whomever.. you are going to have to surround them with a better receiver group to compliment Mike than Ginn, Tre'Quan, Kirkwood, and Austin Carr...they combined for 49 receptions the entire season. Mike had 149 on his own.

I have no idea how this wasn't addressed before, or during the season when everyone could tell it was the weakest position on the roster. If you don't sign some experienced veterans, and draft some young talent to re-shape the receiver group you are just setting up the Saints QB for failure next season.
Cap limitations and draft picks. Maybe the Saints were a little hard on Snead. He was a bonehead for the dui and getting out of shape and pulling the hamstring. Kids grow up though.

Whatever. The #1 reason we lost that game was Sean Payton. And its not close. His inability to commit to the run, even when its the only thing working for the most part, was the death knell in this game. Taysom running well? Lets throw. Its a consistent flaw in his coaching. Trying to uphold his reputation as an offensive genius by trying to be too cute, too much. The Vikings game plan didn't change throughout the game and Payton never adjusted to what they were trying to do.

Distant 2nd is the interior o line, the #2 WR that doesn't exist and yeah Brees didn't have his best game.

Lastly Mike Zimmer knows how to beat the Saints. The Saints are 38-11 against the rest of the NFL the past 3 seasons. 1-3 against Zimmers Vikings.

But to blame Brees for that is reaching.

This is quite possibly one of the dumbest things I've read on this forum. The notion that Brees threw deep into double coverage because he didn't want to be upstaged by Taysom is idiotic.
It looked like a duck, walked like a duck and quacked like a duck. He threw a duck. It was a bad throw, dumb decision. yeah, Brees is that competitive that he would not want to be upstaged.

Drew can be the QB for the Saints until the man decides to hang em up on his terms. This man put this team on the map, and what does he get now? NO RESPECT. Yall some cowards and would never say that to his face.

I would, the truth may hurt some people, but it must be said. You don’t write a blank check for the guy to stay here as long as HE wants. Again, we might call him breesus, but he is not God or Jesus.

with this type of attitude, I’ve got some hunting land I’d like to sell you on my terms. You don’t have a choice, so just pay up. 25 mill and you can only hunt 1 day in may.

It took me a whole week after the loss, but I am finally not mad at Drew anymore.

He lost that game for us, but I will be glad if he wants to return next year.

I have watched every Saints game intensely since 1984, so I can appreciate how special it has been to have Drew make the New Orleans Saints a consistent winning team our city can be very proud of. I will not forget how many bad teams I watched struggle for so long.

Drew can play until he says he's had enough. He has earned that. I hope everyone feels the same.

What's the worst that can happen, another entertaining winning season that ends in the playoffs. We used to long for just one season like that. And you never know, with a little luck and a better running game to help out an aging Brees (please figure that out Coach Payton!), we may achieve greatness.

Come back Drew. I will be there cheering the loudest for you!

And sign Hill to a 3 year contract, so he's ready to be our next QB.
We can win with Drew If we have additional receivers who have good hands, run good routes and are good with 50 50 balls. Let all receivers go except Thomas on our current roster. We need a playmaker at RB

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom