Finding a pass rusher in the off-season is paramount (1 Viewer)

Not doubting on the need, but I prefer to grab one or two in the d aft. Let's attack free agency to finally build some depth, specially at the offensive line.
It will have to be a combination of draft and free agency. We aren't going to fill all our needs with just the draft, and most of the draftees will likely have limited roles. Have to make wise free agent choices this off season, fill as many holes as we can,and then BPA in the draft.

Need to add above Average talent at LB,CB, and DE.

CB and LB have depth but need one talent in each spot. Meanwhile DE needs to be double dipped because it's a trouble area and has very little depth. Mario Addison and a Draft pick would help or some combination of bargain FA+Draft pick like how we did with Fairley+Rankins.

Speed is another asset since we play zone defense. Need closing speed.

EJW I'm thinking you may be right about the biggest need being a #1 Vet CB . yesterday was a good example . Ryan was getting rid of the ball quick , too quick for almost and Edge or speed rusher to get to. but with better CB play and better coverage he wouldn't have been able to complete passes so quick . Giving us time to get to him #1 FA signing should be a #1CB

EJW I'm thinking you may be right about the biggest need being a #1 Vet CB . yesterday was a good example . Ryan was getting rid of the ball quick , too quick for almost and Edge or speed rusher to get to. but with better CB play and better coverage he wouldn't have been able to complete passes so quick . Giving us time to get to him #1 FA signing should be a #1CB

I think Allen would like to blitz a lot. Even away but to do that you need to be sure the coverage on the back end will hold up.

Harris, Moore, BW Webb is not a starting 3 you'd expect to hold up consistently so you stick to 5 man pressures mixed in with tons of coverage probably lots of two high.

finding a pass rusher in the off season is paramount

every year same old needs same old results same old needs. when will we ever learn. to
continue to do the same things over and over again expecting the same results is fruitless.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom