"Finding the perfect fit"- by Mike D. (1 Viewer)

Good column. Likes the Butler signing and suggests that with the top pass rushers off the board by 15 the Saints will be looking to trade down.

Thanks for posting, Educator. I think we've made two really good defensive moves in FA, and I also like the Watson signing a lot. Detillier's right that we still need a veteran LT.

I watched a KL game yesterday from last season, I like the way he looks back for the ball while it is in the air. Something I notice our CB's don't do well.

I'm down right giddy imagining JG and BW both running routes at same time.

I still think VB will have breakout season.

If no dominate front 7 players available at #15, hope Saints trade for more picks.

I would love to pick up McCoy too, only if he'e released by Cleveland. We could use almost every draft pick to get defensive players. I believe there is a strong possibility the Saints take a left tackle in rd 1.

Good column. Likes the Butler signing and suggests that with the top pass rushers off the board by 15 the Saints will be looking to trade down.

I guess he didn't hear Payton talk about the mistake of trying to manufacture a specific position in the draft. So many people assume that the Saints have limited their options with the 15th pick to either a pass rusher or OT. I doubt that's the case. If there is a player they have rated as a 15th pick when they're on the clock, I doubt they will actively seek to to trade down, but they'll probably entertain offers if someone else calls them.. If there are a few players they value equally as a 15th round pick, then they might try to trade down into a range that guarantees them one of those players will still be available.

I don't see them trading down just for the sake of acquiring more picks. That's not how they've operated in the past, but you never know with Loomis and Payton.

I don't see them trading down just for the sake of acquiring more picks. That's not how they've operated in the past, but you never know with Loomis and Payton.
We haven't been in this position before, being stripped of picks by some clown trying to make himself look good while playing God. I have no idea what Payton and Loomis are thinking about doing. My guess they'll take whatever scenario that they are dealt and make the best out of it. It's gonna be one interesting draft. Saints have no room for mistakes.

Right at the end, he suggests that the Saints might trade back. In a way that would be a good idea for the future by stockpiling picks, but what team would they trade back with?

My guess they'll take whatever scenario that they are dealt and make the best out of it. It's gonna be one interesting draft. Saints have no room for mistakes.

That's what I think too. I think they will continue with a "flexible response" approach to the draft. They do have a narrow margin of error this year and no team ever has a perfect draft. Fortunately, the Saints are one of the best at acquiring quality UDFA's.

Right at the end, he suggests that the Saints might trade back. In a way that would be a good idea for the future by stockpiling picks, but what team would they trade back with?

The team that calls just before or while the Saints are on the clock - with the best trade offer! Could be any team! Teams that do well with trading down are usually just sitting on the right pick at the opportune time when another team decides to 'just do it' and jump for a particular player.

We haven't been in this position before, being stripped of picks by some clown trying to make himself look good while playing God. I have no idea what Payton and Loomis are thinking about doing. My guess they'll take whatever scenario that they are dealt and make the best out of it. It's gonna be one interesting draft. Saints have no room for mistakes.

Yep. What a maroon!!! :rant:

We shoulda got that 2nd rd pick back!!! :rant::rant::rant:

Oh well. Props to Loomis for what he's done with little cap room in getting Watson, and addressing needs on D with Lewis and Butler ( and he may not be done here)! :9: While we still have little room for error, these signings help give us some options and wiggle room IF we need em.

IMO, OLB and OT are still our biggest needs going into the draft, and I think we'll draft at least one at each position. "Who" and "Where" is another story!

Regardless, Im gonna trust SP and Loomis more than ever in this draft to make the right calls!

What

I watched a KL game yesterday from last season, I like the way he looks back for the ball while it is in the air. Something I notice our CB's don't do well.

I'm down right giddy imagining JG and BW both running routes at same time.

I still think VB will have breakout season.

If no dominate front 7 players available at #15, hope Saints trade for more picks.

I Dk what [Mod Edit :nono: Thinly veiled profanity] you said?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom