Fine Dining at Disney World (1 Viewer)

deltadawg

All-Pro
Reaction score
My wife and I will be there in a few weeks and was wondering what are a couple places that we could enjoy late evening dining?

What are places you really liked and places I should avoid all together?

:9:

kellsand

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Just got back 1 week ago and had some amazing meals and some not so. Here is my list.

Kona Cafe (at Polynesia resort) - delicious
Ohana (at Polynesia resort) - not so good. rushed service. Food so/so
Wolfgang Puck (Downtown Disney) - Delicious. Will definetly go again
Tutto Italia (Epcot) - Not good. Had better lasagna from Stoffers
Biergarten (Epcot)-Good food if you like german foods. Not delicious, but OK
California Grill (top of the Contempary Resort) - Best meal. Expensive but i felt it was worth it.
There is a web site called allears.net It has menus, prices and reviews from every restaurant on the grounds. Also tells you what type of restaurant it is.
Hope this helps.

tenordas

Vesti le procè flamber
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Houston via New Jersey, New Orleans, Baton Rouge,
At Epcot, we enjoyed the food at Canadian Steak House but were disappointed at the lack of cuts available. They only had three steaks, no filet mignon and no prime rib (my brother was highly offended a so-called steak house wouldn't have prime rib).

The "fast food" place in front of Mexico has some good food, the restaurant inside, while very cool for atmosphere is only OK on the cusine.

China had very good food. I just don't remember what we had.

Morrocco is excellent IF you like mid-eastern food.

RussTKD

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Flying Fish on the Boardwalk was awesome. Best meal we had at Disney.

There's a seafood buffet at the Boardwalk Inn (I think) that's also really good.

The Japanese place in Epcot is a favorite of ours as well.

The Chinese place in Epcot isn't bad, but I've had better Chinese in Mandeville.

The German place has great great beer. The food was so-so.

Didn't like the Moroccan place.

I liked the African buffet in Animal Kingdom Resort.. she didn't.

We also had dinner buffets at Magic Kingdom (Crystal Palace) and Hollywood Studios (Hollywood and Vine). Both were forgettable.

zenshin

All-Pro
Reaction score
At Epcot, we enjoyed the food at Canadian Steak House but were disappointed at the lack of cuts available. They only had three steaks, no filet mignon and no prime rib (my brother was highly offended a so-called steak house wouldn't have prime rib).

The "fast food" place in front of Mexico has some good food, the restaurant inside, while very cool for atmosphere is only OK on the cusine.

China had very good food. I just don't remember what we had.

Morrocco is excellent IF you like mid-eastern food.

Great tequila selection in Mexico. Food was pretty good too.

Brennan77

Bass Manager
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I went in June for a wedding and ate at a few very good restaurants. We had lunch at the Grand Floridian Cafe. It was quite nice all things considered. They even had a good selection of beer which included some Abita. Also at the Grand Floridian we ate at Citrico's. Very nice. Good wine selections. The menu used nothing but fresh foods, be it seafood or locally grown veggies. It was pretty impressive. Lastly, we went to a rehearsal dinner at Wolfgang Puck's restaurant in downtown disney. It was a large format thing, so I hate to judge it on that. But it was good. A little uneventful as far as flavors go, but very good. And the bar, which was open to us, stocked the best of the best. It was a beautiful space as well. It helped that the groom's father decorated the place in Saints memorabilia!

melman

Fleur-de-lis underwear
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Helotes, TX via Lafayette, NOLA, Australia, Japan,
I am not one to ask about "fine dining"...but everytime I'm in Orlando I hit the Boston Lobster Feast. A few years ago, I was a pay per view. Had the oyster shucker working overtime. Waitress got tired of hauling away the shells, so she put a rolling 55 gal trash can near my table....just before closing, I was able to down 4 lobsters. Waitress had both my kids filling salt n peppa shakers to keep em busy while dad doin his version of fine dining...

Nos

NOLA4EVER
Reaction score
Jiko at the Animal Kingdom Lodge is pretty excellent and authentic.
Flying Fish is great on the Boardwalk.
California Grill is good, but more worth it for the excellent view.

For a romantic evening, and if wanting the definitive experience, I recommend Victoria and Albert's at the Grand Floridian.

efil4stnias

Play at your own risk
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The Boma Buffet at Animal Kingdom Lodge is great.

If you do go, get the Tusker Beer ( from Africa ) its really really really good.

Dragon

Official SR Twitter Team
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Artist point at the wilderness lodge is our favorite couples night out restaurant

The food is amazing - great steak and their Salmon is to die for. Even more amazing is their service. Attentive, service minded but not the least intrusive. Perfect for a romantic dinner. We have never had a single bad experience there.

Being there just before Christmas is even better since IMHO Wilderness Lodge has THE best Christmas decorations of any disney resort

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom