Finnegan should make the team IMO (1 Viewer)

BoNcHiE

Every team's Elixir
Reaction score
For the 2nd game in a row, I thought he looked really good.

He's a force as a tackler, good on STs, and I've seen no real breakdowns in coverage from him. He had a nice pass breakup last night as well.

To me, given our youth and inexperience at CB, it's a no brainer to keep a vet like him around as the 5th CB over Swann or Harris (who both looked really bad last night). He might even deserve a shot at NB to see how he holds up. We can't seriously expect to go into a season with 5 CBs and only have 1 with actual NFL experience (and Breaux is only a 2nd year player).

I know he's playing against scrubs, but he's done well with what's been put in front of him.

I have to agree. He also did a really nice job of getting home when he blitzed. Good savvy veteran move to stay on his feet after a pump fake and get the sack.

I think he makes it on the team based on Swann's regression and Harris' attempts to cover anyone last night. We can't have these two getting lined up against big play receivers. Coates left Swann in his dust.

Yeah, he looked fast on that blitz.

When the signing happened I thought he was going to end up like Champ B and just be a camp body but he may end up making the team. I thought Swann was a lock to make the team based on his play last year when he was healthy but he hasn't looked good so far in preseason.

Oh and I would give Harris a pass on not playing real well against one of the top 3 WR in the NFL.

Last edited:
Finnegan in, Swann out.

I didn't think Swann was great last year. I think he'd have been cut had Williams.been healthy and he's been abysmal this preseason.

If we're gonna roll with this young of a CB group we need some type of veteran presence and Finnegan has been playing well to boot.

Finnegan in, Swann out.

I didn't think Swann was great last year. I think he'd have been cut had Williams.been healthy and he's been abysmal this preseason.

If we're gonna roll with this young of a CB group we need some type of veteran presence and Finnegan has been playing well to boot.

Yea I think Swann is odd man out , not sure on PS rules is he eligible ?

CF is needed on this team

I thought Finnegan played well. He shows a little bit of attitude when he gets to the ball carrier.

He doesn't seem to have lost many steps either. He was a legit speedster coming out of college.

Yeah. I think he's made this team. I like that old school wears no gloves mentality too.

We need a vet back there with all the young guys and he's still got something in the tank.

Much better signing than I expected.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom