Fire Dennis Allen and bring in Wade Phillips (1 Viewer)

Just wait until Zimmer's fired. Would love to see him coach this D

Problem was letting Mike Nolan go. You can clearly see the diminished play by the defense and especially the LBs.

I don't disagree with you on the LB play but Dallas' defense looks just as lost as ours. They've got the same record and only beat the Falcons because they falcon'd.

Just wait until Zimmer's fired. Would love to see him coach this D

This would be intriguing. I think Wade Phillips in a non-starter, if anything maybe he'd come on as a consultant/assistant but I don't think he really wants the full DC grind like that anymore at his age. I don't necessarily think personnel is an issue with Wade though like others do, I know he prefers a 3-4 but Davis and Anzalone can play those ILB positions, they pretty much already do since we're always in nickel. Jordan can certainly play end in a 3-4, it's arguable he's better suited at it at this point in his career actually, takes some of the pass rushing burden off him and would have him going up against Guards more than Tackles who tend to be less athletic. Baun might be best suited as a 3-4 OLB/Edge player and Davenport could easily transition from a 4-3 end to a 3-4 OLB/Edge if he can stay healthy, he prefers to stand up anyway. The problem is at the other end and the NT. Either way though that's not a mid-season shift it's an entire philosophical shift. It'd be one thing to mix it up if Phillips was brought in as a consultant with certain situational packages but it's entirely different to change everything right now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom