Fire Dennis Allen and bring in Wade Phillips (1 Viewer)

Exactly. Considering that he was getting a DC job, it would have been hard to keep him.

Not for me. But as others have said, Sean is not letting his buddies go. Look how long we had to deal with Joe Vitt et al before they were let go.

Wade Phillips would have no idea what to do with a defense that only has 2 LBs that are even trusted to be on the field. He would have half the LBs he needs to run a 3-4. But at least Anzalone has finally figured out how to stay healthy - run in the opposite direction of the play and get as far away from the trouble as possible. Our LB situation is concerning to say the least.

Before we going firing the DC - where are our high paid playmakers at? Where are the leaders on this Defense? Why are they MIA? Looking squarely at you Cam Jordan for starters.

Remember when we had steve spagnuolo

Look at the chiefs defense. Won a championship

every time in the past decade + that Wade Phillips has been on the market, the Saints never even brought him in for an interview

I know he’s never done it, but from everything I’ve heard and seen, I’d be on board for giving Ryan Neilsen his first shot at running the defense. He’s smart, intense, and his players have performed well under him.

Not that it makes a shirt for this season, but if all does go hind legs up, looks like we could pick up M. Patricia for a DC (he was a pretty good DC with limited talent for a few years, with the talent we actually have on Def, I can't see a good DC saying no) and let Allen walk. Not that this would ever happen, but it is something to day dream about while watching DA's secondary all out of position for the 4th(?) straight year...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom