Fire Gentry (1 Viewer)

saintbilly25

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Seems like a great guy, but he is such a bad coach. His after time out plays are the worst in the league. I dread when he calls a time out late in the game because I know we are about to either turn the ball over or take a low percentage shot. These young guys are going to start to get used to this losing culture as they become accustomed to it. His teams NEVER play any defense, but this season is the worst. If we give up less than 120 points, it’s considered a success. He has 2 winning seasons as a head coach and this is his 17th season.

you are better than this. I am no gentry lover by any means but we have lost like 8ish games because of turnovers and free throws that we were either leading in the 4th or super close. We are down to like 8 guys because not only are we missing 3 starters but we usually drop a guy or 2 per game as well. last night that was Kenny hustle. we didn't lose to the lakers as much as we ran out of bodies. I think if DFAV was playing we would have beat the lakers by 10pts.

we are all frustrated but I say we let Alvin stay this season and next we move on. this year is going to be about a lot of young guys learning NBA speed and who we are moving forward looks like

PG BALL/NAW/FJ
SG Jrue/JJ/EMOORE/HART
SF BI/KW/MILLER
PF ZION/MELLI
C FAV/JAH/JAX

we have such a wide array of lineup options with this roster.

I think we move Ball as the odd man out and don't be shocked if we buy out Miller at the deadline. I get it billy, you like the rest of us want results.... in 2 weeks we get a healthy Zion and Ball and our "real team" will be on the court with all 5 starters. We are a super young ant talented roster trying to figure out what an nba schedule looks like. getting zion back mid december may be a blessing in disguise.

you are better than this. I am no gentry lover by any means but we have lost like 8ish games because of turnovers and free throws that we were either leading in the 4th or super close. We are down to like 8 guys because not only are we missing 3 starters but we usually drop a guy or 2 per game as well. last night that was Kenny hustle. we didn't lose to the lakers as much as we ran out of bodies. I think if DFAV was playing we would have beat the lakers by 10pts.

we are all frustrated but I say we let Alvin stay this season and next we move on. this year is going to be about a lot of young guys learning NBA speed and who we are moving forward looks like

PG BALL/NAW/FJ
SG Jrue/JJ/EMOORE/HART
SF BI/KW/MILLER
PF ZION/MELLI
C FAV/JAH/JAX

we have such a wide array of lineup options with this roster.

I think we move Ball as the odd man out and don't be shocked if we buy out Miller at the deadline. I get it billy, you like the rest of us want results.... in 2 weeks we get a healthy Zion and Ball and our "real team" will be on the court with all 5 starters. We are a super young ant talented roster trying to figure out what an nba schedule looks like. getting zion back mid december may be a blessing in disguise.
Not sure it makes sense to buy out Miller when you could use his contract in a deal.

The NBA is a star-driven league now. The teams that win are the ones that have the stars, players who can close games. Right now, the Pels don't have any of those players, it remains to be seen if Zion can be one of those guys.

It doesn't help that we're not getting the calls, but they are going against us. Last night was bad.

I seriously find it hard to watch the games anymore because of Gentry. I've just seen the same movie so many times, I know how it's gonna end. If we aren't up 20 points with 5 minutes to play we are a good bet to lose, or at least turn a sure win into a close game. It's painful to watch.

It's a shame they didn't do the obvious thing and fire him with Demps because now we're 1/4 into another losing season with no real chance to implement a new system and philosophy.

That said, I would still make the move - it can't make things any worse and will at least send a signal to the players and fans that being consistently terrible at your job eventually has consequences.

When Gentry was interviewed at the beginning of the 4th quarter, he said “we need to play with pace and hit our shots.” This was after giving up 89 points in 3 quarters. Not a word about playing better defense or hustling or not giving up wide open lanes and drive ups or leaving people with uncontested 3’s. The Pelicans are now on a 7 game losing streak and playing worse as the season wears on.

And another! The team shoots over 50% and still loses yet another home game that should have been won against the Suns. Pels ball with game tied and 17 seconds left after a time out to call the perfect play.......Jrue dribbles at mid court to 6 seconds and passes to an iso play with Brandon Ingram who throws up a fade-away as regulation ends. David Griffin sounded frustrated during his interview with the record obviously and especially with our defense. On the bright side, Lonzo Ball looked great tonight. Crisp passes, drives to the basket and only taking wide open shots later in the shot clock.

They should fire him immediately b/c they can still salvage the season. He is the problem. They’ll play better defense when he is fired. They don’t play it b/c he doesn’t stress it, that’s how come they’re not playing any at all. He just says shoot more and make it. Lol. It’s insane, every team we have played has scored 100 or more. Why he is still there is really beyond me. He’s not a good head coach. Good assistant. Good guy. Not a good head coach.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom