Fire Gentry (1 Viewer)

Lonzo is the worst!!!
He played great last game. I thought maybe he turned a corner and realized he should drive more instead of throwing up 8 plus 3’s. Apparently that game was a fluke and he’s back to normal Lonzo.

Oops, he did it again. Tied game with 30 seconds left, Pelicans call a timeout to draw up......Jrue dribble for 8 seconds then handoff to Ingram going away from the basket with 7 seconds left on the shot clock to end up with a fade-away jumper resulting in a shot clock violation. Pistons go on to hit a game winner as time expires. Deja Vu.

Last edited:
Add me to the list of those wanting Gentry gone. I was actually there last season as well. We've hit our ceiling with him, much like we did with Monty Williams.

Add me to the list of those wanting Gentry gone. I was actually there last season as well. We've hit our ceiling with him, much like we did with Monty Williams.

I completely agree. Things just seem to be getting worse and worse with his system and way of running the team.

They really need to do it now too b/c they have Derrick Favors back and they could still make a run for the playoffs. Griffin has been very silent on the subject tho so he may not do anything this year and just tank the season which is unfortunate.

Gentry's post-game comments after the Orlando game, "We've just got to play better."

Scintillating!!!!!

He's not a good floor coach, he's not a motivator, and he doesn't teach an iota of defense.

Gentry reminds me of the Little League Dad/Coaches that just yell generic stuff from the dugout -- "Throw strikes Johnny!"

Add me to the fire gentry list

Rinse and repeat. Tonight’s loss may be Gentry’s worst coaching job of the year, and that is really saying something. His lineups were atrocious. Lonzo was having his best game as a Pelican and shutting them down defensively with 5 steals. He doesn’t see the court in the last 5 minutes. Kenrich Williams, who has hit about 1 of his last 78 shots, is in the whole time though. Golden State has 6 wins on the year, 2 against the Pels. I feel like an idiot for staying up after midnight to watch that.

if we are not tanking again gentry needs to go. this loss was unacceptable. why the hell was ball on the bench in his best game as a pel when Kenny Williams is out there the last 5 min with ZERO points... unacceptable. I would be furious if I bought in to the season ticket hype.

So upsetting. I was completely in on the hype and wanted this franchise to hit a new level. Even the excitement Gentry had when they won the first pick in the lottery. I guess he was so excited because he thought Zion would save his job and not have a disaster of a season. Oh well for that.

I can't even stay invested in the team. I just check the scores on my ESPN app and see the same thing just about every time. The same thing I saw at the beginning of the season. They can't close games out. It boggles my mind how you can come from behind from a huge deficit or even better have a huge lead and still blow it in the last few minutes.

I'm still a fan but good Lord I think I understand the old Saints fans from before I was born who wore bags on their heads. It's painful to watch. So I don't.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom