Fire Gibbs! (1 Viewer)

schrowa

Bond. James Bond
Reaction score
The defense has been pretty terrible this year and it has to do with the man in charge.
Why would you keep Jason David as your CB?
Why wouldn't you blitz more if your CB's are suspect?
Why would you push your pass rushing DE's to put on weight?
Why would you keep Shanle and Simoneaux?
Why would you use a man defense with bad CB's?
Why would you start a season with so many suspect schemes and players?
FIRE GIBBS!

Gibbs coached the 3-4 in the past and he obviously does not have the right personnel with the defense we are running at the moment. I know we don't have the linebackers to do it, but maybe Gibbs wants to switch to a 3-4. I can't find another reason why Grant and Smith would bulk up so much.

The defense has been pretty terrible this year and it has to do with the man in charge.
Why would you keep Jason David as your CB?
Why wouldn't you blitz more if your CB's are suspect?
Why would you push your pass rushing DE's to put on weight?
Why would you keep Shanle and Simoneaux?
Why would you use a man defense with bad CB's?
Why would you start a season with so many suspect schemes and players?
FIRE GIBBS!

Do you just repeat what the masses say or do you actually watch games and decide for yourself?

I'll answer your questions though just to be nice.

1. Did you see Young and Craft Sunday when they rotated in MM's spot after the injury? The eagles picked on them almost exclusively. Yes I know its hard to believe, but David is not our worst CB. We need to sign someone. The answer is not on the roster and replacing David would of just made things worse.

2. Again, Sunday Gibbs blitzed almost every down. We were burned by the pass worse then we have been all year. Yes, maybe Gibbs wasn't as big of an idiot as people thought. He finally released the hounds like everyone wanted, and we see how that turned out.

3. I don't know if thats even been proven. If it has maybe he had his reasons.

4. Gibbs isn't in charge of personnel decisions in the offseason. Simmons had a few starts this year and looked no better then Simoneau. Again, the answer is not on the roster. Him replacing Simoneau would of been pointless.

5. Because we don't have the safeties to play a cover 2 base nor the pass rushers. We actually did play alot of zone this year though.

6. Again, the front office did bring in some mid tier players. They didn't work out. What should Gibbs do? Sign probowlers off the street with his own money?

If there is a suitable replacement then by all means fire Gibbs and replace him. But to just fire him makes no sense.

It's the personnel, not Gibbs. If you wanna blame Gibbs for using the wrong scheme for the personnel he is given then do that.... But I think the scheme is fine. It's an aggressive scheme. He just needs the right personnel to fit it. If you wanna blame someone blame the front office, FOR not providing Gibbs with the right personnel.

To me, it doesn't matter who the DC is, because so many fans wanna see a blitz on every single down, and no DC is gonna do that. So it's just... FIRE HIM FIRE HIM! HE SHOULD BLITZ MORE!. Come on guys... you're not gonna see a blitz every down especially with our linebackers and the guys we got in the secondary.

Last year, this dude was getting interviewed for the Cowboys HC job, now you wanna fire him as DC. If we can spend some money and get some corners and a safety that arent getting burnt a million times a game, and get a MLB that can actually fight off a block and draft a DT so that the D-line can actually PUT pressure on the QB without blitzing, then i think ya'll would be callin Gibbs a genius.

You can't blitz slow linebackers...they don't get to the QB in time and that leaves another area of the field wide open. We just don't have the alhletes at LB or in the secondary.

Can we at least wait until we are officially eliminated from the season. :shrug:

It's the personnel, not Gibbs. If you wanna blame Gibbs for using the wrong scheme for the personnel he is given then do that.... But I think the scheme is fine. It's an aggressive scheme. He just needs the right personnel to fit it. If you wanna blame someone blame the front office, FOR not providing Gibbs with the right personnel.

To me, it doesn't matter who the DC is, because so many fans wanna see a blitz on every single down, and no DC is gonna do that. So it's just... FIRE HIM FIRE HIM! HE SHOULD BLITZ MORE!. Come on guys... you're not gonna see a blitz every down especially with our linebackers and the guys we got in the secondary.

Last year, this dude was getting interviewed for the Cowboys HC job, now you wanna fire him as DC. If we can spend some money and get some corners and a safety that arent getting burnt a million times a game, and get a MLB that can actually fight off a block and draft a DT so that the D-line can actually PUT pressure on the QB without blitzing, then i think ya'll would be callin Gibbs a genius.
:plus-un2: :plus-un2: :plus-un2: :plus-un2: :plus-un2: :plus-un2: :plus-un2: :plus-un2: :plus-un2: :plus-un2:

I have been saying the same thing since last season. IMHO he is Venturi jr and I can't handle is inept play calling anymore. I'm sorry guys but the guy is a pathetic coach.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom