FIRE Mike Neu NOW (1 Viewer)

This man sucks fareal, 1st and goal from the 1 and lose the game,

are you crazy?! he's a good coach, and he made the right call... run the clock and try to score on one last play... if we had scored right away then they had a chance to come right back down the field and score to win... he can't be blamed for the player not getting in... Belasari ran AWAY from his blocking... if he had gone right like he was supposed to he would have been in... you can't blame the coach for what the player did in this case... Coach Neu put them in position to win, and they didn't take care of business

are you crazy?! he's a good coach, and he made the right call... run the clock and try to score on one last play... if we had scored right away then they had a chance to come right back down the field and score to win... he can't be blamed for the player not getting in... Belasari ran AWAY from his blocking... if he had gone right like he was supposed to he would have been in... you can't blame the coach for what the player did in this case... Coach Neu put them in position to win, and they didn't take care of business

I agree Neu is an excellent coach

They suck PERIOD lol they couldnt stop them people all night

I agree with that, but that's the nature of Arena Football... stops are very rare... usually the last team with the ball wins, which is why they held on to it so long...

IMO Coach Neu is one of the top 10 coaches out there... 2 years ago when he went to the playoffs everyone wanted to annoint him as the second coming... he's a good coach, with an aging QB, and sub-par talent at WR... give him a couple years to rebuild... this is his first year back after Katrina... he can't be expected to win right away like Payton did... I was a season ticket holder on the 25 yard line, 3rd row for the first couple years of the Voodoo's existence... trust me, after seeing this guy close up for years in game situations, I know he's a good coach

They did the right thing but I thought on 3rd/4th a QB sneak was too obvious. Give it to the big guy or something

Had Balisari actually gone the right way, Neu would be looking really smart right now for running the clock down. You can only blame the QB for running the wrong way on an important play like that.

Plus, Neu doesn't really do the D, which sucked it up.

split the back out wide throw him the ball and let him get a yard vs the db. or bootleg. regardless, if the line gets a push the qb scores on that play. actually watched the game, pretty entertaining.

I would say that Mike Neu's roster decisions or lack of attracting top quality players back to the New Orleans area is the REAL reason behind a woeful 2007 campaign.
When the VooDoo ran the table in 2004, they had recruited some studs.
Several of the guys on this year's roster are apparently DUDS.

Maybe AFL players heard things or were simply leery of playing in N.O.?
Anyone know?

Mike Neu is a good coach, and should be retained. However, with that said, I have noticed that the conditioning of the Voodoo players appears lacking.

Many of the skilled players appear overweight and out of shape. The receivers have problems hanging onto the ball. Andy Kelly may well have reached the end of the road, as he seems overweight, out of shape, and his accuracy and timing seems diminished.

Team discipline is also questionable. Arena Football is supposed to be fun, but the number of penalties lately drag the game along, making good plays go for naught. I don't know if the problem is league wide, but the number of penalties against the Voodoo seem excessive. I blame a lack of discipline on Voodoo players as the main problem.

There is very little defense in an AFL game, but with the Voodoo, it seems almost non-existent.

If Neu cannot address these issues during the off-season, then maybe he should go. The games are not as much fun as they used to be, so I believe some serious changes are due for next year.

Last edited:
get them all out of here..we need to start over..starting with the coach and quarterback..andy kelly is done..and mike neu needs to go coach an arena 2 team

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom