fire pits (2 Viewers)

beavis.bmp

FIRE!! FIRE!!:D

you guys are making me angry with your jokes :grumpy:

j/k.....i was wondering if the wood might need to be split.....there is something scary about me swinging an axe :covri:

If the wood is not catching, its still wet. And it does not mean wet as in "rained" on, but that it still carries water in the wood itself. You have to leave it out for a time to let it dry. Same reason when you build say a fence, you wait a month or so to stain/paint so that its dry.

The wood has to cure. It could look as if it is dry but most times it needs to sit for about 6 months.

The wood you buy in those plastic bags was probably cut down last week. If you let it sit out all summer it will be good for next year.

Lots of beer goes good with splitting wood with an axe.

This stuff works. Burns hotter and longer than the fire sticks.

main.jpg

If the wood is still Green it will not burn easily. If you do get it started it will smoke a lot. If you can find a pinecone to put the base of the fire and build a small teepee with smaller sticks around it this might get a small fire going and you can add larger wood gradually.

I would think so. My f-i-l bought a box to light fires in his fireplace inside (no gas) and gave me half of the box. I don't know where he bought it but it must have been locally because he is e-illiterate. So I would guess HD or Lowes.

A box might be ~ $20, but it will last a LONG time. It only takes a few sticks to get a fire going and there are hundreds of sticks in a box.

I'm not saying it will light fast - if the woods green it will still take awile - but it will light eventually.

I hear that Dallas Cowboy jerseys burn quite well. You can probably get a good deal on some about now.

firepit?

Attachments

• firepit.bmp
    123.1 KB · Views: 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom