fire pits (1 Viewer)

antipop

Phone's ringin', dude
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
we bought one of those fire pits for the back yard and i can't stop myself from trying to make fires.....notice i said trying.....we bought firewood and for some reason, it's nearly impossible to burn it......the bag says it is hickory and oak......any suggestions on getting them to go up???

fwiw, we are using starter sticks and squares, but once they go out, it's just a charred log

Its probably wet or you dont have a hot enough fire. Use lots of little dry peices to get teh bigger ones to go.

tried that as well.....my buddy raided the neighbors backyard and rounded up a bunch of small branches that had fallen from the oak tree....no luck....i doubt the wood is wet.....it came in a plastic bag

05_rocket_fuel-732809.jpg

Contrary to popular belief (if you live in Kennabrah), soaking the wood in Jockamo doesn't make it more flammable.

Just a little tip from your Uncle Earl.

Use a duraflame log. Add wood when necessary.

dems are kind of pricey for my budget.....the firewood is fairly cheap....$4 for about 6 or 7 pieces

Contrary to popular belief (if you live in Kennabrah), soaking the wood in Jockamo doesn't make it more flammable.

Just a little tip from your Uncle Earl.

i would never waste precious jockamo on a fire

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom