Fire TV pro's.... (1 Viewer)

I think I'm about to determine that either the fire TV or remote is bricked. In the past I've had to pair a remote and I've never had this issue before

Think the older fire TV is bricked or something. I connected the remote to our newer tv no problem.

what is the problem with the cec remote? We use ours on our bedroom fire stick...
I can go look at the cec connected devices and fire TV is listed but the TV remote does nothing when trying to control fire tv

Try a different usb cable and power supply? Older ones used quite a bit more power

I can go look at the cec connected devices and fire TV is listed but the TV remote does nothing when trying to control fire tv

Is it connected to the actual television itself? It had to register there first for us.

Yeah...it shows up under the cec connected devices but then when I go to that input and try to use the remote it just "dings" when I push buttons. I'm sure this will bother me all night and I'll be back up there messing with it but the fact the remote won't connect but connected right away to our newer fire TV it really makes me think the older fire TV is shot.

Actually just looked at the fire TV. It's an older one so doesn't have the Ethernet port on it. Our newer one has it but not this one.

Unless it's a fire stick and not a fire tv, they have all had ethernet ports.

Unless it's a fire stick and not a fire tv, they have all had ethernet ports.
Not the older ones....it was one of the first fire TV's. The HDMI cord is built in and the power supply is an Android plug. It's also about half the size of the newer TV's and hangs off the back of the TV.1585091982935582191310819621117.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom