Firefox 4 Fan Overheating Issue (1 Viewer)

Cjjr72984

Purple Knight
Reaction score
Hey guys! Just wondering if anyone here can help with something (or have heard other Mac users complaining about this).

I've been a Google Chrome user for the past 2 months now and love it! Except, some websites still aren't compatible with Chrome so I've been looking for a good alternative.

So Wednesday I decided to download Firefox 4 and give it a spin. And everything has been great.....except one thing. Whenever I use FF4 and go to any website that plays videos, my fan kicks into high gear. I'm talking about simple things like watching a vid on YouTube or watching a couple of vids on NFL.com for example.

The thing that puzzles me is I NEVER have this problem when using Chrome. The fan never kicks on when watching vids so I'm assuming this is an FF only issue. Have any of you guys on here have this problem?

been using firefox 4 since it's release.. on a new iMac.. no problems. no fans in over drive. I can offer no help or guidance of any kind. :idunno:

My friend had this issue on his Mac I think. You have to go and change some settings for the fan.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom