First-and-10: Saints offensive line proving to be better than Cowboys (1 Viewer)

1543438397719.png
Photo by Michael DeMocker, NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune

By Josh Katzenstein, NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune

First (take)

Offensive linemen typically don’t get the credit they deserve.

The primary reason, I think, is that it’s hard for casual fans to understand the intricacies of what the linemen do each play. I also think the popularity of fantasy football has led even more people to praise skill position players instead of blockers.

In 2016, though, I saw a shocking development as just about everyone in football talked about how great the Dallas Cowboys offensive line was playing. With running back Ezekiel Elliott and quarterback Dak Prescott both having outstanding rookie seasons, many people appropriately pointed to the Cowboys O-line as the driving force for the offense.

Since then, though, the New Orleans Saints have undoubtedly had the best offensive line in the NFL. Last year, the group played phenomenally as the Saints finished fifth in passing yards, fifth in rushing yards and allowed just 20 sacks.

Comparatively, the Cowboys in 2016 were second in rushing yards but just 23rd in passing yards and allowed 28 sacks. ...

Full Story - NOLA.com

Andrus Whitewing

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)