First Big name Free Agent off the board? (1 Viewer)

Either former Cincy DE Justin Smith to the 49ers or Randy Moss re-signing with the Patriots.

how can the 49ers crank out that much money every year and we sit back holding our you know whats.....wallets full of cash.

how can the 49ers crank out that much money every year and we sit back holding our you know whats.....wallets full of cash.

because the 49ers are actually trying to UPGRADE their team

because the 49ers are actually trying to UPGRADE their team

How has that worked for them? They've been buying up high priced D FA's for the past 3 years and still rank in the bottom of the league in defense.

Spending money does not = success. Its all about spending money the right way.

I question that myself but hoping its because our Front Office feels comfortable each season in what we got. Yes they have been wrong probably 30 years or more but thats what I think. I don't think Benson is cheap as of now. He shells out the money. People are telling Benson who should get paid what and who to sign so it would have to be the Front office thinking they have a good product.

MORE RUMORS FLY OF EARLY DEALS

One of the rumors making the rounds at the Scouting Combine is, as reported by Geoff Hobson of Bengals.com, that the 49ers are negotiating (four days early) with defensive end Justin Smith.

Other players who, as the rumor mill goes, might already have deals include receiver Bernard Berrian, cornerback Drayton Florence, and receiver D.J. Hackett.

Smith to the 9ers, and at least one of the other guys to the Redskins.

Moss can't sign till April......

Actually, he can't sign the contract until midnight on 2/29. WEEI in Boston is already reporting that the deal is in place, Moss is just waiting until the new league year to start to sign it (he can't renegotiate a contract 2x in the same season).

How do the 49ers have all this cap space available to take these big name defensive players? Clements last year and now I'm hearing rumors of Justin Smith and Lance Briggs

Actually, he can't sign the contract until midnight on 2/29. WEEI in Boston is already reporting that the deal is in place, Moss is just waiting until the new league year to start to sign it (he can't renegotiate a contract 2x in the same season).

Yeah I think ur right, I must've been confused......:covri:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom