First Captain Marvel trailer released - Dec 3 Trailer Update (1 Viewer)

Was a good movie. It was my least favorite of the Avenger movies but was still a good movie. Larson was just ok imo.

My reason for it being my last favorite is really due to anticipation of the character. I have never really been into comic books so I knew the Hulk, Iron Man, Captain America etc. I literally knew nothing about Captain Marvel. And I loved the cat scenes. Should that have been in a spoiler box?

My reason for it being my last favorite is really due to anticipation of the character. I have never really been into comic books so I knew the Hulk, Iron Man, Captain America etc. I literally knew nothing about Captain Marvel. And I loved the cat scenes. Should that have been in a spoiler box?

I think you're fine, you didn't say anything that's a spoiler.

I liked the movie. Didn't love it, but it was a fun flick. Larson was more likeable than she seemed in the trailers. I thought there were a lot of cringey moments and some stuff that felt like shoe-horned ret-con, but other than that, I'd consider about a mid tier MCU movie.

Good movie. Not anywhere near Winter Soldier, but not as terrible as the Hulks or as bad as IM3. It's squarely in the middle, well above Dark World, IMO. I agree with SBTB about the lack of an edge. Brie was far too giddy about everything to be believable as a former USAF test pilot. Young, digitally enhanced Fury and Coulson bugged me. I did enjoy discovering how Fury lost his eye. I liked how they brought in the tesseract as the source of power and tells the story of how Fury ended up with it. Ben Mendelsohn was great as always and I enjoy having my expectations and allegiances turned in the whole Kree/Skrull dynamic.

I also like how things are left open for more Rona, Yon Rogg, Secret Invasion, etc.

The third act was great and Im looking forward to seeing her strut in Endgame. Nice mid-credit trailer to remind us about where we left the Avengers after Infinity War and something silly at the end. Lots of obvious easter eggs in this one. It's not just an origin story for Captain Marvel. It lays out a lot of the current MCU's details and origins that I felt was neat.

A little disappointed we didn't get another Endgame trailer since it's so close now. Not sure why I care about Frozen, much less Frozen 2 that got a trailer at this film. I was pretty happy with the little tribute to Stan Lee at the opening title sequence. Just don't be late for the start of the film if you want to see it.

Um, you leave Frozen out of your mouth!!!! :mad:

:covri:

I don't understand the criticism of the character being over powered. They didn't invent the character for the movie. She's been around for decades and was an Avenger.

I'd put this movie above Iron Man 2 and 3, over both Ant-Man movies, over Thor 2, and over the Hulk. That's pretty solid.

I'd never been to a comic book film on opening night before. It was nice to be in a crowd that understood all of the references.

So I was drinking during the movie and I didn't notice this. The tesseract apparently powers the lightspeed engine but it had the same color as the stuff that goes into her. I bring this up because I've read that she gets her powers from the tesseract but to me the lightspeed engine is different even though it was powered by it. Am I crazy? Can anyone see my point?

I've heard from two right-leaning friends that they're not seeing Captain Marvel and are instead going to see Alita today. So I looked around and there really is some sort of protest for people offended by Brie Larson to see Alita instead. What a strange battle line to draw up.

They sure showed Marvel!

So I was drinking during the movie and I didn't notice this. The tesseract apparently powers the lightspeed engine but it had the same color as the stuff that goes into her. I bring this up because I've read that she gets her powers from the tesseract but to me the lightspeed engine is different even though it was powered by it. Am I crazy? Can anyone see my point?

Maybe it's just HOW the power of the tesseract is harnessed? Like Mar-Vell had used it as an energy core to provide the power for the lightspeed engine. But once it enters Carol, she can harness it to do photon blasts with her hands or to travel really really really fast.

I really enjoyed the movie. I through Bri Lawrson did well and enjoyed her light hearted approach to playing the character. It was fun seeing a different side of Nick Fury and I really like the chemistry they shared.

I didn't have any expectations for Captain Marvel as I wasn't to familiar with the character, but I like that Nicholas has a different relationship with her than with any other Avenger.

Saw it yesterday. Enjoyed it and left the theater thinking, "Thanos gonna get his tail handed to him."

I laughed at quite a few parts, especially the 90's related computer things. The frustration over a lost dial-up connection....

On the subject of the Nick Fury de-aging....it's gotten to the point that even though you know it's not real, your eyes and brain can't really see it. They didn't do this with just a scene - it was the whole movie, which I found incredible. This left me wondering why they can't digitally recreate Stan Lee for every future Marvel cameo. Surely this is something they talked / thought about doing, right?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom