First Captain Marvel trailer released - Dec 3 Trailer Update (1 Viewer)

Saw it yesterday. Enjoyed it and left the theater thinking, "Thanos gonna get his tail handed to him."

I laughed at quite a few parts, especially the 90's related computer things. The frustration over a lost dial-up connection....

On the subject of the Nick Fury de-aging....it's gotten to the point that even though you know it's not real, your eyes and brain can't really see it. They didn't do this with just a scene - it was the whole movie, which I found incredible. This left me wondering why they can't digitally recreate Stan Lee for every future Marvel cameo. Surely this is something they talked / thought about doing, right?

I've read a rumor that Stan Lee filmed a bunch of cameos in case of his death and that he would be showing up in Marvel movies for years to come.

I don't understand the criticism of the character being over powered. They didn't invent the character for the movie. She's been around for decades and was an Avenger.

I'd put this movie above Iron Man 2 and 3, over both Ant-Man movies, over Thor 2, and over the Hulk. That's pretty solid.

I'd never been to a comic book film on opening night before. It was nice to be in a crowd that understood all of the references.

From everything I've read going back to the Ms. Marvel days, her power was nowhere near what it is now. She was overpowered for the MCU.

I have nothing against the movie personally, i did think the drama of making a feminist comic book fictional movie and then jump into a social media anti movie anti-feminist revolt was was classic definition of first world problems and youtube attention whores gone amok.

That being said, i'll watch when it comes out at the discount theater.for 1/4 of the normal box office price. I'm not taking a family of 4 to see any movie that costs $60 to $100 in tickets, plus another $20 to $40 in concessions.

I've read a rumor that Stan Lee filmed a bunch of cameos in case of his death and that he would be showing up in Marvel movies for years to come.
I read something like that too, but literally just after you posted this I saw this article which states otherwise...

The cameo marks Lee’s penultimate appearance in a Marvel movie. Though he didn’t name the film, MCU chief Kevin Feige did recently reveal that Lee will be seen in one more Marvel movie. Our money is on April’s Avengers: Endgame, considering Lee often filmed his cameos in batches — and Endgame was shot back-to-back with 2018’s Avengers: Infinity War. Considering Endgame rounds out the MCU’s Phase 3 in true spectacle fashion, it feels like like the perfect film to go out on.

I thought I read that they did a bunch of voice recordings with him. Some were saying that it was for animated features while a few thought it could also be used in future films with the help of CGI.

Last edited:
I have nothing against the movie personally, i did think the drama of making a feminist comic book fictional movie and then jump into a social media anti movie anti-feminist revolt was was classic definition of first world problems and youtube attention whores gone amok.

That being said, i'll watch when it comes out at the discount theater.for 1/4 of the normal box office price. I'm not taking a family of 4 to see any movie that costs $60 to $100 in tickets, plus another $20 to $40 in concessions.
Where do you live that movies cost $15-$25 a ticket?

Last edited:
Spoiler!
"][/SPOILER]
Where do you live that movies cost $15-$25 a ticket?

Portland Oregon and surround area.
IMAX/Premium = $19.95
Non-3D HD = $14.95
Non-3D Matinee -$12.95

Bargin theater - $3.75 -
movies get here around the time they hit iTunes, or after about 2 or 3 weeks of release if they are basically tanking at the regular theaters

I feel you. At the local AMC, not including the matinee discount, it's $16.49 for Dolby/Imax, $15.99 for Real 3D, and $11.99 for regular Digital (subtract $3 from each for kids tickets).

Portland Oregon and surround area.
IMAX/Premium = $19.95
Non-3D HD = $14.95
Non-3D Matinee -$12.95

Bargin theater - $3.75 -
movies get here around the time they hit iTunes, or after about 2 or 3 weeks of release if they are basically tanking at the regular theaters
Come up to Battle Ground :9:

I feel you. At the local AMC, not including the matinee discount, it's $16.49 for Dolby/Imax, $15.99 for Real 3D, and $11.99 for regular Digital (subtract $3 from each for kids tickets).

The AMC A-List is only good for one person but for 22 bucks a month you can see 3 movies a week including Dolby/Imax.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom