First Captain Marvel trailer released - Dec 3 Trailer Update (1 Viewer)

I'm going to be in the minority but I thought the movie was meh.

The audience score on Rotten Tomatoes is at 59%, so you aren't the only one. I haven't seen it yet, but I will.

Portland Oregon and surround area.
IMAX/Premium = $19.95
Non-3D HD = $14.95
Non-3D Matinee -$12.95

Bargin theater - $3.75 -
movies get here around the time they hit iTunes, or after about 2 or 3 weeks of release if they are basically tanking at the regular theaters
Bargain theater here it came out right away along with the big theaters, mine is at 4.95 per ticket.

AP

Just outside of Chicago

IMAX $20
Regular admission $15.65
3D is somewhere in between.

A regular popcorn is $7.95 and a drink is about $6+
**** that.

I can pay $15-$20 here if I wanted to at the new theaters at night, but I go during the day where it's $7-$8.

**** that.

I can pay $15-$20 here if I wanted to at the new theaters at night, but I go during the day where it's $7-$8.

I know of no place like that in South Louisiana. If there is, help a brother out.

I know of no place like that in South Louisiana. If there is, help a brother out.
I live in Mesa, AZ. Last Friday, Mar. 8, 2019 at 1315 I bought a ticket for $8.50 at a Harkins Theater. According to Fandango, the 3D IMAX at the Mall of Louisiana in Baton Rouge is $12.79. It's $8.00 for the 1215 show on this Friday for reserved seating at the Celebrity Theater on O'Neal.

Celebrity Theater on O'Neal.

This is right around the corner from me, they renovated it recently and it’s really nice now.

I saw it today, it is a mid-winter movie when it’s cold and nothing is on. I think they missed a humorous spot when she asked Fury what his mom called him. I think Sweetie would have been funny, especially with a somewhat sarcastic tone, instead of Fury.

I saw it today, it is a mid-winter movie when it’s cold and nothing is on. I think they missed a humorous spot when she asked Fury what
They do not know what they are talking about! That was a great movie!! The Fan Boys are wrong.
Or maybe some people just have a different opinion than yours?

I saw it today, it is a mid-winter movie when it’s cold and nothing is on. I think they missed a humorous spot when she asked Fury what his mom called him. I think Sweetie would have been funny, especially with a somewhat sarcastic tone, instead of Fury.

Meh...I liked the quick back and forth and it helped set up a later scene.

As far as the movie, I loved it. I had no prior knowledge of the character and wasn't really amped to see it like I am for other Marvel movies. My daughter reqlly wanted to see it and I knew that I would have to see it in order to watch EG. I had no expectations for it. Just knew it was something that had to be done. I didn't even know
Jude Law
was in it. I doubt that's a spoiler but just to be sure.

Perhaps because I didn't have any expectations, I ended up thoroughly enjoying it. Like, loss track of time, is it over already enjoyed it. I found the story arc to be quite refreshing. I know I'm in the minority here but
I get tired of the overdone, monstrous, ugly, all powerful, evil for the sake of evil I just want to ruin/run the world villain. That's just so old and overdone. Marvel has done a great job getting away from that formula in both movies and TV and I love it. The first time I watched Jessica Jones season 1, Kilgrave instantly became my favorite villian in the Marvel TV and movie world for taking the super villain stereotype and turning it on its ear. Captain Marvel was well on its way to being just another Super hero versus ugly bad guys and it was fine. "Let's see how super hero _ saves the day" type movie. If it kept on that trajectory, it would have been fine. But it didn't. I've yet to read anything anywhere that said that they saw the "twist" coming despite being familiar with the two alien nations. I thought the acting was good all around. Sam L Jackson had the pitch perfect tone for a younger version of Fury. I thought Larson did a good job. The friendship she had with the other pilot felt genuine. I think the snark was just about right. Someone said she was "bubbly?" I didn't get that at all. She was more stoic throughout which is kind of what I would expect from someone in her situations who has been drilled for 6 years on controlling her emotions. The pacing was great, the comedy was fitting and not overly done as to take you out of the moment (Raganarok). Like other people have said, Goose stole the show. Oh and major props to Fury to have the presence of mind to NOT try and pick up the tessaract like Captain Marvel suggested.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom