First Captain Marvel trailer released - Dec 3 Trailer Update (1 Viewer)

JMO. Star Wars has been horrible under Disney. I'm hoping Disney gives free reign to Marvel Studios to keep doing what they have been doing. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Two words: Kevin Feige'

If you have a franchise and want to mimic the success of Marvel, find your own Feige. Someone who knows the source, understands the fans and has the vision to tie it all in together. Once you find that person, get out of their way and be patient.

As long as Feige' is involved at Marvel, I feel good about it.

"PC garbage" isn't the problem with Star Wars, bad movies and terrible storytelling with no consistent direction is.

Two words: Kevin Feige'

If you have a franchise and want to mimic the success of Marvel, find your own Feige. Someone who knows the source, understands the fans and has the vision to tie it all in together. Once you find that person, get out of their way and be patient.

As long as Feige' is involved at Marvel, I feel good about it.

100% true. Part of the problem with The Last Jedi is that a new director came in an changed everything. Screw the story arc of the trilogy. Feige would have never let that happen if he ran the StarWars franchise.

Also, Feige seems to have a damn good knack for picking directors.

100% true. Part of the problem with The Last Jedi is that a new director came in an changed everything. Screw the story arc of the trilogy. Feige would have never let that happen if he ran the StarWars franchise.

Also, Feige seems to have a damn good knack for picking directors.

Changing the story arc isn't always a bad thing, the problem is the story he changed it to was really bad and didn't make good narrative sense.

"PC garbage" isn't the problem with Star Wars, bad movies and terrible storytelling with no consistent direction is.
It just seems the scripts were written with the intention of grabbing a broader (pansexual, anyone?) audience. Noble? Maybe. But that doesn't change the fact that they were even weaker than the last Lucas trilogy (though I did enjoy Revenge of the Sith).

We’ee Not trying to argue that the last 3 (maybe 4?) under Lucas were any better than what Disney/Star Wars has produced are we?

Such a stance would be very silly, indeed
I'm am not aware of any last 3 Lucas produced before the recent two films. There are only 3 in fact that exist prior to recent history.

#prequelsdontexist

I would just like to take a moment to apologize to Captain Marvel for unintentionally hijacking her thread.

Only if she apologizes to Billy Batson for taking his name (even if legally).

So, since Captain Marvel is set in the 90s, Marvel decided to have a little fun with the movie's website and give it a classic 90s internet look.

https://www.marvel.com/captainmarvel

If you go there you will sometimes see an old lady at the edge of the screen and if you click on her fast enough you punch her in the face! I think that's great.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom