First Half Saints!!! (1 Viewer)

nosaints213

ad majorem dei gloriam
Reaction score
Now THAT is a Superbowl calibre team! If we can get on the same page like that for the rest of the season, that's a group of guys that can take this thing all the way - especially when you consider how injured we are right now, and how much we'll improve when we get some of our superstars back!

Lots of positives to take from the game today! The way we handled our injuries, the way we had to overcome the officials, and the way we closed out this exhausting battle of a game... There is a LOT to be excited about right now!!!

Love my team. Who Dat :worthy:

Now THAT is a Superbowl calibre team! If we can get on the same page like that for the rest of the season, that's a group of guys that can take this thing all the way - especially when you consider how injured we are right now, and how much we'll improve when we get some of our superstars back!

Lots of positives to take from the game today! The way we handled our injuries, the way we had to overcome the officials, and the way we closed out this exhausting battle of a game... There is a LOT to be excited about right now!!!

Love my team. Who Dat :worthy:

That was a good game to give our young O and D players confidence. Now they know what they can do, so we should be seeing more of it. If Peat is OK and Armstead comes back next week, we should have another good showing.

Saints always start off fast with big scores but then they take their foot off of the accelerator!! Today the Panther's shouldn't have been allowed to score that high!! This dang game almost gave me heart failure!!! :covri::covri::covri::covri:

Saints always start off fast with big scores but then they take their foot off of the accelerator!! Today the Panther's shouldn't have been allowed to score that high!! This dang game almost gave me heart failure!!! :covri::covri::covri::covri:
We lost focus, for sure. Multiple dropped passes (Snead and TLL), missed assignments, and Tony Hill had a really rough series. Gotta remember, this team is still very young and inexperienced.

Games like this are great for growth and confidence!

We lost focus, for sure. Multiple dropped passes (Snead and TLL), missed assignments, and Tony Hill had a really rough series. Gotta remember, this team is still very young and inexperienced.

True :9:

Also zero depth on defense. Get one more draft/free agency period, and the first half Saints we saw today will hopefully be the four quarters Saints we see in 2017.

I think we'll be able to play that way in both half's when we get some of our starters back on D

What did happen to our defense in the second half/late first half? Did it fall apart due to us going to a prevent type of D?

Couple things. There were a couple of injuries, which when you are as thin as the saints are do make a difference. It's also a young team that loses focus as a 1st quarter 21 point lead in college usually means you've won the game. There is also the fact Carolina was in the Super Bowl last year, and while their secondary is poor, the rest of their team is pretty good. They changed up their blocking after the first quarter and slowed the rush down a lot. Also, the big guys up front are having to play down one major piece, as Rankins isn't back yet. As soon as he gets back the big guys won't be as tired at the end of games as they will need to play 1/4 less snaps. For the big boys, that's a big difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom