First let me say, (1 Viewer)

67Bndwagnfan

ID vs Ego
Reaction score
:worthy: I am glad that I have found this board. I have gone to another board and have been offended, insulted and ridiculed on some many topic that have nothing to do with football that I just stopped but being Virginia I have no one to talk Siants football. I am relieved that I finally have found this forum and appreciate the rules posted at the top. "Big Props" to the members, moderators and administrators for letting this be a SAINTS FORUM. You gentlemen, especailly the members are a class act and represent our SAINTS with pride and dignity.

My question is: I too am looking to see how we improve our defence but am very concerned about Mike McKenzie and his ACL . What are the prospects of him coming back, I've noticed that most ACL's take 2 years to fully recover from and will he be able to maintain his same level of production. Like him or not he was our best corner. Any insight on any players on our roster can step in a cover his position?

One more question, anybody have our 08 draft picks for all rounds. I know free agency and trades will efftect that but right now I can't find anything beyond round 3.

As for McKenzie, ACL injuries aren't what they used to be. Last time Deuce tore his ACL he was back within 8-10 months. He didn't get up to full speed until later that season but he was on the field. I think McKenzie will probably start working out in training camp, will spend the first six or seven weeks on the PUP and then join us midseason.

For your second question, Wiki is your friend:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_NFL_Draft

Welcome to the board.

Its an ACL injury....pretty standard now adays with football....he'll be back, not career threatening...but at the same time we must keep improving, we have guys like Craft, Young and David to lean on and we have the #10 pick in the Draft....we will be ok either eay, specially since we are trying to improve that front 7, honestly CB shouldnt be top priority because with a good front 7, all you really need are solid corners who understand the coverage and the system.

Welcome. Sorry to say that there aren't many gentlemen here either. ;) Usama Young, in year 2, will hopefully step up into a starting position, and hopefully we take a CB in round 1 or 2 for insurance bc McKenzie might not be full speed until after opening day, if not next year.

I'm more concerned about his injury than most. At his age and salary, if he's not %100, he probably will be cut.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom