First Quarter vs Steelers (1 Viewer)

Slaw

VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Armstead is not healthy. That's a major bummer. Hoping he gets back to 100% before too long.

Our young CBs are not getting their head turned around. Hope Dennis Allen can work his magic with them ASAP.

Our line still isn't opening up much for Ingram. This and Armstead still being hurt are what I'm worried about the most.

Everything else looks encouraging.

Peat seems to be waking up a bit as a run blocker at RG, so I sure hope Armstead's injury situation is minor.

This is very painful to watch. Offensive line is struggling bad.. We will be lucky to have Brees through mid season with his head attached if this keeps up..

This is very painful to watch. Offensive line is struggling bad.. We will be lucky to have Brees through mid season with his head attached if this keeps up..

I might be missing something but LT seems to be the position causing most of the problems. Glad they got Drew out of there. Peat looks good IMO.

Peat seems to be waking up a bit as a run blocker at RG, so I sure hope Armstead's injury situation is minor.

I really hope so. Would be devastating if he misses much time.

The pass rush has gone awol again. coverage on the back end is shaky, even vaccarro looked bad.

OL is a disaster right now.

You can't win many football games when you are this bad on both sides of the ball at basic blocking and tackling at the line of scrummage, no matter who your QB is.

And right now we are a bad football at the LOS and we have been for a few seasons now. But we're getting worse. Part of the reason is they elected not to upgrade Strief or draft a Guard.

Its a tall order, but this is why we need Spiller to be the man this season. He's got to be the jack and the player that when he is on the field, disguises the rest of our players. He's the safety net for poor protection, the decoy in a slow developing play, the guy that can run through someone on occasion, the guy that can sneak into the secondary. Bush and Sproles were the best players in the last decade to do this. If you can't protect Drew, you need to find the player that will take the pressure off of him.

The run game hasn't been great but it's improved. The LT position gave us the most problems. Peat was very good. The whole terrible O-Line theme from last week just doesn't seem to apply this week. Aside from LT they have been ok. Not nearly the pressure we saw last week.

Only positive spin I can put on the defense is that we were not blitzing at all when Ben was in (finally blitzed the 3rd drive and got to Landry immediately).

Given that this is a team that will likely blitz 30-40% of plays, it may be hard to get an idea of how they'll handle an offense like the Steelers in a live game.

Only positive spin I can put on the defense is that we were not blitzing at all when Ben was in (finally blitzed the 3rd drive and got to Landry immediately).

Given that this is a team that will likely blitz 30-40% of plays, it may be hard to get an idea of how they'll handle an offense like the Steelers in a live game.

SPOILER ALERT: Not well.

Its a tall order, but this is why we need Spiller to be the man this season. He's got to be the jack and the player that when he is on the field, disguises the rest of our players. He's the safety net for poor protection, the decoy in a slow developing play, the guy that can run through someone on occasion, the guy that can sneak into the secondary. Bush and Sproles were the best players in the last decade to do this. If you can't protect Drew, you need to find the player that will take the pressure off of him.

Spiller is a liability in pass protection. Payton overlooked that very important fact. You can't be on the field on 3rd downs if you can't block.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom