First-Round Broadcast Observations (2 Viewers)

I thought the broadcast was pretty awful, but what can we expect in uncharted territory? And what was that blooperfest about the 2020, I mean 2022, draft?? I get that people are confused about what day it is, but I think most are aware that it's 2020 ( a year that will live in infamy).

The broadcast is missing the reactions from the draftees themselves and the interviews they give after being drafted. Clearly the NFL spoke to the players about being calm and still, just sit there and don't move too much, because a lot of the draftees showed almost none of the emotions you normally see. Some of the players didn't even get as much as an in-home video shot....

The broadcast is missing the reactions from the draftees themselves and the interviews they give after being drafted. Clearly the NFL spoke to the players about being calm and still, just sit there and don't move too much, because a lot of the draftees showed almost none of the emotions you normally see. Some of the players didn't even get as much as an in-home video shot....
It definitely didn't work right. The video feed was delayed so you saw players and their families watching the bud light commercial before the pick is announced. Surprised, over a 4 hour broadcast, they couldn't fix that... Overall production was pathetic. I know we are in difficult times with the virus, but production of the league and especially ESPN has been declining fast these past several years.

There was so much potential for this to be a cool experience and something totally different and refreshing and instead, we get Gotohell in a sweater talking to a tv...

Can anyone tell me why Giants GM Gettleman put a medical mask on while he was sitting alone in his own house!?!?

Some people just don't know what to do right now lol. I bet he felt like he needed to show he has one for fear of criticism. I had a lady literally throw herself against a freezer aisle door as I walked by in a grocery store and a laughed out loud, but I still don't know if she was serious or joking.

I thought the broadcast was pretty awful, but what can we expect in uncharted territory? And what was that blooperfest about the 2020, I mean 2022, draft?? I get that people are confused about what day it is, but I think most are aware that it's 2020 ( a year that will live in infamy).

I speculate that the league wanted to look appropriate given the virus and everyone at home. Ie: not over produced. But I agree it was pretty damn awful on all networks. Its the state of espn and it spilled over to abc and nfln. I think they had the potential to do some pretty cool things. Production should have been 10x better regardless of the circumstances. Didn't see anyone but Gotohell announce picks. They do it all the time when they slice the screen up and show many feeds which they could have done with the fans and announcing the pick with Gotohell in a more formal setting, but instead we get him facing a tv with fans on it we can barely see.

The delay of "the pick is in" and when they finally call it was excruciating. I can only guess they had some guy getting the pick and printing it on to those little cards for Gotohell to mispronounce anyway. This isn't the Oscars... just announce the pick! Could have easily saved 40+ mins

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom