First Take live in New Orleans: Is Brees window closed? (1 Viewer)

Saintsphere

1 day I'll add a second Lombardi to my pic. 1 day.
Reaction score
Ryan Clark says yes and says the years we had a bad defense when Brees was in his prime throwing 5,000 yards a season will haunt us

Marcus Spears says yes and says history continues to show the Saints defense always comes up short and mentions how Dennis Allen let Kittle beat him in the regular season and learned nothing from it by letting Rudolph have man to man coverage on a DB in the playoffs

Max says yes and that Brees is barely top 10 all time

Stephen A says it's about time Payton gets heat and not Drew

This isn't meant to be a "no respect!" thread. In fact, it's more a forewarning because this will be the consensus nationally (hell even locally) going into next season: people believe our window is closed and even if we have another good regular season, no one will be impressed because we now have a stigma of not being able to get over the hump.

I learned long ago not to care about any opinions on that show.
Yeah I know but for the last two years we were also media favorites by some of the pundits.
Opinions are like as...

But in general, I'm expecting a lot more of people to write the Saints off as being Super Bowl contenders after the Vikings loss. Which should excite the "Saints play better when no one takes them serious" crowd.

What if I told you that none of them really think that, and they're just saying it to get people like us to spread the video and talk about it?
I'm pretty sure unless we come out the gates blowing teams out next year or sign some sexy FA, all of these guys will be on the "The Saints aren't to be taken serious until they show they can win when it counts" narrative for the foreseeable future. And we've earned that narrative :shrug:

Meh, the only people that matter in this discussion are Mickey & Sean. Sean weathered his storm. His ability to find another QB after Drew will determine if he gets another extension.

The decisions that determine what defenses we get are owned also by Payton.
Ya, we all know we live and die withe offense under Sean & Drew. I mean how many threads have there been in the past few years talking about all we need is a top 15 D and Drew will do the rest. I'm not claiming that DC is not at fault but he has given us a respectable defense the past couple of years. Who else could we bring in?

Guess what? I love it. We seem to play better when we aren’t being crowned.

Sports media is fickle as hell. Before the loss, most of these same guys were saying that Drew’s legacy was cemented and it was Kurt who had something to prove. Now listen to them. The goal posts will keep moving regardless.

These guys were also putting ARod in the dirt a few weeks ago, but since he had a decent game last night suddenly he’s once again the greatest ever.

Sports and sports media is about the flashy now. The narratives will shift and change like Baton Rouge weather; there is no consistency. Look how fast Lamar has gone from revolutionizing the position to, “he’s been figured out.” It’s the same cycle every year.

The Saints need to prove something to themselves. Bump all outside noise. In the NFL, with its parity the truth is your window is never really closed. This league is beyond Any Given Sunday; It’s Any Given Season a new King can be crowned. Bring on ‘20.

Ya, we all know we live and die withe offense under Sean & Drew. I mean how many threads have there been in the past few years talking about all we need is a top 15 D and Drew will do the rest. I'm not claiming that DC is not at fault but he has given us a respectable defense the past couple of years. Who else could we bring in?
I don't follow the rest of the league the way I used to so I don't know who the up and coming defensive coaches are but I'd have rather had Jack Del Rio than Allen.

Just like in 2006 Loomis did a search and identified Payton, you do the same process. But someone other than Payton should make the choice.

Anyway, Allen has the job as long as he wants it.

I never ever tune in to any of these shows. I don't get caught up, upset, or angry when it is negative. Nor do I get excited when it is positive. People here love Kay Adams because of her fandom here but I don't care much for that either. You make your own judgement. I prefer just see how the off season is and see who we sign.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom