First time - who dat help please. (1 Viewer)

Morten_rules

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have been a die hard Saints for the past 28 years. I live and die with the our boys each and every week. However, I live in British Columbia, Canada. So only NFL Sunday ticket for me to see the team play. After all these years have finally saved enough money to make the trip to the Superdome this upcoming weekend!!!!

I was wondering if you guys could please recommend any pre game festivities we should check out? ( My wife and three month old son are coming )

Is there any tailgating? Any special watering holes (kid friendly) that you would suggest? I really just want to make the best of this LONG awaiting trip and any advice and information would be greatly appreciated guys!

Hope to some of you this Sunday, WHO DAT 4 LIFE!!!

Thank you in advance, Mike

Hello everyone,

I have been a die hard Saints for the past 28 years. I live and die with the our boys each and every week. However, I live in British Columbia, Canada. So only NFL Sunday ticket for me to see the team play. After all these years have finally saved enough money to make the trip to the Superdome this upcoming weekend!!!!

I was wondering if you guys could please recommend any pre game festivities we should check out? ( My wife and three month old son are coming )

Is there any tailgating? Any special watering holes (kid friendly) that you would suggest? I really just want to make the best of this LONG awaiting trip and any advice and information would be greatly appreciated guys!

Hey bud I'm from Saskatchewan whodat

Hello everyone,

Most of the locals will help ya out that are on here

Hope you have the time of your life. You will find that people are very friendly and happy to lend a hand. I am in no way dissuading you from planning ahead but even if you were to show up cold and just asked around when you got there, you will get plenty of friendly advice on places go, things to do, and of course there is no shortage of places to eat. Worse case scenerio you are going to have a good time.

I don't think there are any watering holes that are child (especially infant) friendly really on game day unless you're just popping in and out to get a drink to go simply because there is no room in the most popular spots around the dome and some people appear to go to the game after having stayed out all night the night before and things can get out of hand fast with people that drunk at 10 AM. Especially downtown.

Lots of tailgaiting all around the dome - under the interstate, all up along Poydras below Claiborne next to the interstate and in parking lots all around the dome. I doubt anyone would turn you away from hanging out with them before the game, but I'd bring a 12 pack or something to contribute to whatever place you end up hanging at so as not to appear to be mooching on their food and beer.

Then there's Champion's Square. Bands on stage, right outside the dome, beers are "cheaper" than in the dome and if you wear jeans and compression socks, you can line the inside of your pants with beer or plastic bottles of liquor to avoid having to pay for dome foam.

I'd just show up to the area early (don't forget about the NFL's stupid clear bag policy) and walk around the dome to see where people are setting up. Introduce yourself, tell them your story, and you'll likely be invited to help set up, drop your beer in the chest and have a good time until the game starts. I've never been turned away from a tailgate that wasn't one I was a part of if I needed something that they had that we didn't. Saints fans are good about taking care of other Saints fans - hell, even visiting fans who are cool - but especially are cool with Saints fans who travel from other countries to come support their team.

You'll be fine. You'll have a great time. And if/when we win, you're now going to be the lucky charm and have to come to town every single time the Seahawks come to the Dome.

WHO DAT!

Your game day experience starts from as early as your breakfast time. Get out early and just walk around, feel the emotion to be a part of the Who Dat nation. You will understand how the Saints, New Orleans and Louisiana are as one entity and that's why the Saints are one important part of their life!

Be sure to get into the dome early, so you can check out different spots, and take the time to appreciate what's happening!

I went to the game in 2013 flying from Hong Kong, even carried my LED sign with me. Hope you enjoy the game and I'm sure you will have a good time!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom