First-year Saints players in awe of a New Orleans phenomenon: the airport welcome parties (1 Viewer)

• Admin
1542339587711.png
Photo from NOLA.com

By Jeff Duncan | NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune

Keith Kirkwood experienced a number of firsts on Sunday (Nov. 11). The New Orleans Saints rookie wide receiver played in his first official NFL game against the Cincinnati Bengals at Paul Brown Stadium. He caught his first pass as a professional in the second quarter.

But what Kirkwood will remember most about his NFL debut occurred several hours later.

As he turned his car onto the auxiliary road leading out of Atlantic Aviation in Kenner, hundreds of Saints fans lined the street, and there among the throbbing black-and-gold masses was a sign: “I heart Keith Kirkwood #18.”

“It’s just an amazing experience,” said Kirkwood, who was promoted from the Saints' practice squad to the active roster Saturday. “I didn’t know how die-hard and deep the Saints fans can get. It’s humbling to us as an organization and to us as a team. New Orleans Saints fans are like family to us.” ...

Full Story - NOLA.com

Andrus Whitewing

Andrus Whitewing

Admin
I saw part of Jeff Duncan's video & interview on this,,, excellent, thanx for posting it here.
:beerchug:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom