fishing advice? (1 Viewer)

xkeith031x

SR lurker Extraordinaire
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I'm going fishing on thursday, and just need some advice on what bait to use, how to set up the rig, etc.

thanks!

Big juicy worms or whole mullet. Maybe something in-between. Give us a hint. Inside 25 miles off shore or outside 26 miles. I was going cobia fishing this morning but with this wind, looks like white trout and specs are more likely.

I am going somewhere tonight. What do you guys think I should wear to such an event?

j/k OP. But we need more info for sure. For example: are you going freshwater or saltwater fishing/ inshore, offshore or bank fishing/ gulf coast or inshore lake, etc...

Sorry for the lack of info guys!
Freshwater, off of a dock or bank.
Oak hollow lake in high point nc.

I know how to properly hook the line and stuff, just wondering how to actually set up the rig, live bait or rubber worms, etc.

for crappie and bream, fish with a tiny hook (#10-#14) about 1'-2' below a small cork, with a #5-#7 splitshot weight in between (depending on how far you need to cast). use live worms (they stay on the hook better than crickets)

for catfish, any stinky cutbait will work (shrimp, deadfish, pigskin), on a carolina rig with #5-#6 hooks depending on how big the cats get in your lakes.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom