Fishing Bayou Rigolets/the pen (1 Viewer)

SWJJ

moar bink ball
Reaction score
We have booked a vacation home stay in Lafitte May 3 - 7. We will be staying at a home on the bayou (or at least on water with bayou access.) My Brother in law and I are considering renting a boat and spending a day fishing. I have never fished brackish water before. I'm looking for tips on what to fish and how to fish for them in this area. I've done tons of freshwater fishing up in the northern part of the state, but never down near the gulf. Tips appreciated. Offers to take me fishing even more appreciated.

Hello SWJJ,
I grew up fishing the basin and have always had really good luck with small black with bright yellow beetle spins as long as the lillys are not too thick. Let drop below the mushroom of a cypris root ball. If too weedy fish with crickets and a cork around edge of said root ball. Lane

Get some weedless gold spoons, soft swim baits(anything chartreuse) on spinners, or live/dead shrimp and heavy braided line to fish for reds/bass. Fish the banks and cuts where you see moving water. I've had more luck fishing the north side of The Pen around all those bayous.

Fishing Lafitte

If anyone else is looking to fish this area contact me.
I'm not a charter service. Just like to fish alot. Split cost of trip,and I can supply most gear and artificial bait. Bring your own eats and drinks. Looking for weekday trips. Not to fond of weekends although I will fish them. I fish from a 16-1/2ft. Cape Horn /90hp. Johnson.

I don't have the time to give a proper review of how awesome our day on the water with nate was. Cool dude, he put us on some fish, let us keep what he caught, showed us some dolphins swimming in the bay, gave the kiddos a kid friendly little boat trip, and hooked us up with a couple of sacks of mud bugs when all of lafitte was sold out cause the day before was the blessing of the boat ceremony.

Just awesome.

Anyone looking to fish I have a few days open the next couple of weeks just bring your favorite beverage. and eats. I'll supply rods and lures. If you want market bait,pick it up on your way down. We cam make a good trip on 10-12 gallon of fuel,we can split the bill. Plus tips.

shawnnateroux@ att.net
504-234-7591
Nathan
F/V Tormenter
Catchin dem any way we can

OK, new trolling motor installed,ready to do some fishing. Bass,Trout,Redfish.
Will supply tackle,lures. Split the fuel cost and bring your lunch and favorite beverage. Week day trips available. Weekends too.

Getting limits of reds out of Lafitte.
Limits of Bass 3 days this week. Dang this is getting fun.
And to think its gunna start getting better. Hope for cooler weather. Wasn't bad at all today.
Had a little breeze about 9ish this morning that
Felt great. Headed back out in the morning.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom