N/S Fitz magic turns to Fitzflacid against Pittsburgh (1 Viewer)

Even though he looked better in the second half, he easily could have been intercepted 2-3 more times in the second half. That's Fitzpatrick's entire career. He plays damn good for a few games, and then starts goes back to average at best (and 5 interception games at worst). He has some really good receivers to throw to this year, so his up has been higher than usual. His low will probably not be as low, but over time people tend back to their average.

2 of the INTs weren't his fault meanwhile he still had 411 and 3 TDs against a Pittsburgh D that was producing major pressure all night. After what he did in the prior 2 games he probably deserves a break.

Yeah, couple of bad throws in the first half, then he lit it up in the 2nd half.

I gotta go sacrilege for a minute here, but Tampa is playing like they have nothing to lose when they haven't reached the point where they have nothing to lose. Its interesting watching them on offense. They are just heaving bombs and letting Evans and Jackson win their matchups or draw PI calls. And I mean, Fitzpatrick is literally just heaving it. He just loads up and throws it and hopes. Right now they are connecting on bombs at a rate Ive never seen. You gotta figure they'll run out of luck, but Evans is just that good. The guy can run and he is bigger than any CB by a good bit.

I thought theyd be a flash in the pan, but I really do think they are going to be hanging around all year.

Why is flaccid spelled with two c’s?

Sometimes English has no logic to it. ?

Because it comes from the Latin flaccus... and it should be pronounced like flaxseed, but mispronunciation and passage of time...

... and in case you haven't made the connection, Joe Flacco, yeah, get your jokes ready.

2 of the INTs weren't his fault meanwhile he still had 411 and 3 TDs against a Pittsburgh D that was producing major pressure all night. After what he did in the prior 2 games he probably deserves a break.

Why is everyone saying that the tipped interceptions weren't his fault? On one of them he threw it right into a D-Lineman's helmet. How is that not on him?

Sure, if it hit his receiver in the hands and got tipped up and picked off I can see that not being his fault, but throwing straight into a defenders face? That's on him.

Why is everyone saying that the tipped interceptions weren't his fault? On one of them he threw it right into a D-Lineman's helmet. How is that not on him?

Sure, if it hit his receiver in the hands and got tipped up and picked off I can see that not being his fault, but throwing straight into a defenders face? That's on him.

Pretty sure he didn't throw it straight into the defender's face intentionally. Players are moving in front of him really fast and really close.

Why do some people say a tipped ball isn’t a QB’s fault? There’s a lot of times where depending on the throw or release of the throw that it certainly is just as much his fault as anyone’s

Pretty sure he didn't throw it straight into the defender's face intentionally. Players are moving in front of him really fast and really close.
So for it to be his fault he has to throw the ball straight at the defender intentionally? Well golly, in that case I guess no interception ever thrown has been the QB's fault.

You mean when Pitt went to prevent for 90% of the half?

Doesn't matter...…….just seems kinda silly to create this particular thread title when someone ended up with their 3rd straight 400 yard game and gave them a reasonable chance for a comeback from 20 points down.

And I'm not even a fan of the guy.

You left out the part where he played against an overrated, Mike Tomlin coached Pittsburgh defense that did exactly what they always do in this type of situation; crap the bed to a backup QB (classic Steelers playing down to their competition), give up dumb penalties and almost lose.

And yet Pittsburgh is the SB favorite of everyone who don't want to pick the Patriots in the AFC. :ROFLMAO:

Fitz will definitely start the next game. Lack of first team reps and hasn't even been in the building for the last 3 weeks+. The Bucs don't know what they have in Winston. Fitz gets at least one more start but should be the starter for the full season
But boy did that pick 6 look Fitzugly

Winston is gone after this year. They'll probably sign Fitzpatrick to a contract and/or draft a young QB. Winston has burned out like many expected him to with his sexual assaults that started in Florida State.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom