Fitzgerald Signs New Deal...4 years, $40 million (1 Viewer)

I may be wrong here, but I thought that Fitz had money on his old deal that was all Salary based (I.e. not guaranteed money)... and his new deal has a ton of guaranteed money in it. If that's the case, this is a huge win for Fitz regardless of what the numbers look like as a total.

I guess maybe not from a yards per catch aspect (I'm too lazy to look up Fitz's stats) but Colston broke Fitzgerald's record for most receptions in first two years. If anything, Colston is playing his way past Fitzgerald's salary grade.

Actually, Colston broke the record SHARED by both Reggie Bush and Larry Fitzgerald. If Bush does not miss the final four games of the season, and would have kept at the pace he was on (73 catches in 12 games or a little over 6 catches per game), he likely would have finished with 185 in his first two seasons. Of course, one might make the argument that Colston missed three and a half games his rookie season, so he could have likely would have matched Bush's rookie total. Point is, we have two outstanding guys catching the football on our team. And to think that they are #1 and #2, respectively, in terms of most catches over the first two seasons of a career is remarkable.

Actually, Colston broke the record SHARED by both Reggie Bush and Larry Fitzgerald. If Bush does not miss the final four games of the season, and would have kept at the pace he was on (73 catches in 12 games or a little over 6 catches per game), he likely would have finished with 185 in his first two seasons. Of course, one might make the argument that Colston missed three and a half games his rookie season, so he could have likely would have matched Bush's rookie total. Point is, we have two outstanding guys catching the football on our team. And to think that they are #1 and #2, respectively, in terms of most catches over the first two seasons of a career is remarkable.

:plus-un2: Our O will be solid with as much young talent as there is. Hopefully with this draft the Saints can inject some young talent into the D rotation much like the 2006 draft did for the O.

Fitz's contract HAD to be redone and he had all the leverage. I'm not sure it'll be used as a barometer for all WR contracts.

Excellent point

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom