Five reasons to vote for/against McCain (1 Viewer)

I think I am as informed as I need to be about both candidates to know that I disagree with most of what Obama says and I don't trust him. I agree more with McCain, but he's hardly a true conservative, and I don't necessarily trust him as well. I do havfe to choose on election day and I believe that McCain is least likely to destroy this country.

That's a little dramatic, don't ya think? You type as if you think this country is standing at the precipice of destruction, and a 4 year administration could push us off the edge. You're granting a little too much credit to the White House IMO.

That's a little dramatic, don't ya think? You type as if you think this country is standing at the precipice of destruction, and a 4 year administration could push us off the edge. You're granting a little too much credit to the White House IMO.

I'm thinking of the type of destruction that Jimmy Carter caused, by dismantling our intelligence agencies, scaling back the military and making the US look weak. How he handled the hostage situation in Iran actually inspired Bin Laden and others and gave them hope that America was on the decline. Obama nor any other candidate could not destroy this country literally. But what Carter did was to humiliate this country. Thank God for Ronald Reagan.

I'm in a real pickle. McCain and Obama are out. Nothing new there, I usually vote Lib. Problem is they nominated Barr and I won't even cast a protest vote for him. Green was never in play, even less so after nominating McKinney and removing what little shreds of legitimacy they may have had. Nader is a no go following his horrible racist and personally insulting "Obama is talking white" comments which are by far the most disgusting statements to slide past someones lips this campaign season.

I don't even have a decent place to make a protest vote this year.

Exactly my position on each count. I even tried looking into the Constitution Party (I liked the sound of that), but they had several platform positions I couldn't go with. Yesterday I looked up the Boston Tea Party. I liked their minimalist message, but their candidate ran four years ago with Marilyn Chambers as his running mate. Hard to take a guy like that seriously. So that leave me with no one at all to vote for, as far as I know, since I haven;t seen the official Mississippi ballot.

I'm thinking of the type of destruction that Jimmy Carter caused, by dismantling our intelligence agencies, scaling back the military and making the US look weak. How he handled the hostage situation in Iran actually inspired Bin Laden and others and gave them hope that America was on the decline. Obama nor any other candidate could not destroy this country literally. But what Carter did was to humiliate this country. Thank God for Ronald Reagan.

That is, quite possibly, the funniest interpretation of history I've ever heard. Thanks!

He's not running a campaign to run for president. His campaign is bent on the surge. That's all I'm hearing the surge. If we had done the surge when we went, we would not be needing a surge now. But had we not gone, the surge wouldn't even be an issue.

1 for.) Vote for the lesser of the two Evils.

Either way, we're screwed for at least 4-8 years.

Question: Are all Democrats, throughout time, incompetent?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom