Five reasons to vote for/against Obama (1 Viewer)

I think all have their own issues. McCain i think wants a legacy (EGO) but has walked across the aisle a few times which is good.

Obama looks Smug and lost in politics.

I think Hillary thinks she is entitled to the job and is the worst of all three.

I agree with the McCain and Hillary statements. I am undecided on Obama but it is between him and McCain right now.

I do think McCain is all about the legacy and he will do what ever it takes to go down as a good president if he wins. This means that if the American people scream enough about something he will do it no matter what party lines he has to cross and I like that about him at least. He also has the most experience which is a good thing but it is hard for me to think a man the age of my grand father knows what is best to lead this nation into the future.

Obama on the other hand has the least experience but I am completely intreged with him because of his leadership and motivational skills. I think he is probably the best candidate to get people excited about doing something in the country which is what we desperately need right now.

I am leaning toward Obama but McCain is still in it.

T

I am just curious? The only taxes I have heard about are to raise the taxes past 100K of social security so the big boys will also pay into social security, not just low pay people? I mean if somebody makes 250K they only pay into it until 100K then that is it. What other taxes exactly are you referring to?:idunno:
AP

He's also stated he will roll back the Bush tax cuts on people making over 250K.

There have been numerous threads in which posters made statements of support for all three of these candidates, yet none of the three threads I started have more than one person that can list five things they believe are positive reasons to vote for that person. :idunno: Must be American Idol. :D

I hate looking like I'm pimping a candidate, but I'll draw one up tomorrow for you (on McCain)

I'm just being "fair and balanced."

I would imagine Obama would let the Bush tax cuts expire, which is fine with me so long as we are committed to spending the money. I'd rather we dig into our pockets than continue to borrow from the Chinese.

I'd vote for Obama over McCain.

But you know the Republican campaign rhetoric will touch on "tax and spend."

You see that is the point the Bush tax cuts that has led us into big deficits again.
Just like if I lose my job but I want to still keep on spending money just what Bush has done. Also, so this is why we went straight into deficits after Bush go into office. Not enough revenue coming in and Bush and Congress just spending left and right and its all on credit.

I've pretty much decided I'm going to "waste" my vote on a third party candidate.

I can't vote for Obama because his platform is just too fond of big government and a tax increase will surely have to be levelled to pay for existing programs or new projects.

I can't vote for McCain largely for the same reason, although I'm sure he'll continue the Republican legacy of borrow and spend vs. Taxing and spending. Really, It's the only substantive difference between the parties on economic issues that I see.

A McCain presidency regarding foreign policy will be a continuation of arguably a disasterous interventionist, mind-boggingly expensive littany of potentially more wars and a continuation of nation-building in Iraq. Like others have stated elsewhere, regardless of who is in the White House, I think we'll be in Iraq for a long time unless the political will of the American public will basically force the incoming new president to change course by getting out of Iraq, or at least remove half of the standing army there now.

So here are my five reasons for not voting for either candidates:

1. More of the same
2. Ibid
3. Ibid
4. Ibid
5. Ibid.

It's between Obama and McCain for me. Hills just seems so desparate and phony (esp. the beer drinking, throwing back shots episode in the Indiana bar) that i can't vote for her. Obama is one of the most fascinating pols i've seen in a long time. He has revolutionized fund raising, brought in a flurry of new voters, and has fresh ideas. Unfortunately, I can't stand all the big spending he is proposing.
As far as McCain goes, he says he wants to cut spending but backs the Iraq war... err.. occupation... which is the biggest money burner of all. I also think extending the Bush tax cuts, which give breaks to the richest few while letting the working middle suffer, is bad policy. What i like about him though is that he sticks by his priciples. He does'nt let the rightwing radicals change his mind.

You see that is the point the Bush tax cuts that has led us into big deficits again.
Just like if I lose my job but I want to still keep on spending money just what Bush has done. Also, so this is why we went straight into deficits after Bush go into office. Not enough revenue coming in and Bush and Congress just spending left and right and its all on credit.

We've been doing this for decades.

The tendency accelerated massively in the last 8 years, but we've been living beyond our means for some time.

You have to fault Congress as much as the White House.

Obama

1: Had the foresight to oppose the war from the very beginning. Didn't do it because he opposed "war", but because he saw it for what it was, a stupid ill-planned and unnecessary war. Didn't just say it in a speech either. (Contrary to Clinton's claims)

2. He has the power to inspire and therefore mobilize young and old alike. This is a huge factor in any leader. If you are looking for a President to protect you then you will end up with 4 more years of Bush. If you are looking to become a part of solutions then this is where it comes into play.

3. Willing to speak with other nations and leaders. For the life of me I can't understand why that is so hard. If Saddam and Bush would have gotten tanked together we may not have been in this mess.

4. Ability to put together an administration. This has been proven by his campaign so far. If you look at Clinton with Mark Penn and McCain with his lobbyist working from the bus, then you get a sense of how they are going to run their White House. Obama has put together a team that has brought him to the brink of the presidency and they have weathered all of the storms along the way, while out raising all other candidates with almost all private donations.

5. Energy and climate. It certainly would be refreshing to have a president that understood and embraced the need for a comprehensive AND inventive energy plan. A tax cut for gasoline would do nothing but prolong the inevitable.

A reason to vote for Obama for me would be his gift of rhetoric and it's ability to lead this nation. Out of the 3 candidates he is most able to change the dynamic in this country to a less partisan one, and to inspire Americans to do something great.

It's potential more than anything else.

What makes you say he has potential?. How is he more able to chage the dynamics of the country?. I dont know who im voting for yet, but this whole thing with him not saying the pledge of allegiance (or holding his hand over his heart, one or th other), the whole reverend wright stuff makes me not trust Obama AT ALL. I dont trust a man who doesnt take pride in a country that he wants to lead. And dont give me "the reverend wright stuff was taken out of context" argument. Obama stood by this man for years. Then his wife goes and says she "cant think of one thing that makes her proud to be an American" This might be our first lady?? You can say what you want about Bush. The man has made many poor and costly decisions. But you cannot argue the admiration and pride he has for the USA. You can talk all the politics, economics, foreign affairs etc, you want. But what it comes down to is, who think you can trust the most. Is McCain more tustworthy? I dont know. Im ready for debates so i can get more insight. But if the election were held tomorrow, McCain in a landslide.

What makes you say he has potential?. How is he more able to chage the dynamics of the country?. I dont know who im voting for yet, but this whole thing with him not saying the pledge of allegiance (or holding his hand over his heart, one or th other), the whole reverend wright stuff makes me not trust Obama AT ALL. I dont trust a man who doesnt take pride in a country that he wants to lead. And dont give me "the reverend wright stuff was taken out of context" argument. Obama stood by this man for years. Then his wife goes and says she "cant think of one thing that makes her proud to be an American" This might be our first lady?? You can say what you want about Bush. The man has made many poor and costly decisions. But you cannot argue the admiration and pride he has for the USA. You can talk all the politics, economics, foreign affairs etc, you want. But what it comes down to is, who think you can trust the most. Is McCain more tustworthy? I dont know. Im ready for debates so i can get more insight. But if the election were held tomorrow, McCain in a landslide.

Well. one could speculate as to which America Bush has pride in and which America Obama takes pride in.

An America that serves its citizens as best as it possibly can, reaches its full potential, provides the opportunity for every individual to reach their potential, and that strives to be the absolute best it can be in terms of quality of life or an America that is more focused on unilaterally managing the world and pouring its resources into nation building and hair brained hegemonic schemes?

"Charity begins at home."

moz-screenshot-20.jpg

Attachments

• obama2.jpg
    obama2.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 108
"not saying the pledge of allegiance (or holding his hand over his heart, one or th other)" -
BushIdiotSalutingFlag.jpg

bush_tummy_pledge.jpg

bush_salute.jpg

Oh well, not exactly what I was hoping for. I had hoped that people who genuinely LIKED a candidate would give some good reasons they believe people should vote FOR that person. While blackadder took the other road offered in giving his reasons to vote against a candidate, I assumed there were people willing to push their candidate and offer some substantive reasons why. There have been numerous threads in which posters made statements of support for all three of these candidates, yet none of the three threads I started have more than one person that can list five things they believe are positive reasons to vote for that person. :idunno: Must be American Idol. :D

willing to fix NOLA

willing to fix NOLA

willing to fix NOLA

willing to fix NOLA

willing to fix NOLA

I said after that storm I was a one issue voter and I stand by it. If he doesn't keep his word, I will vote for someone else next time around...

Then his wife goes and says she "cant think of one thing that makes her proud to be an American"

I don't remember her saying that and searched but didn't find anything.

She did make this comment:

“What we have learned over this year is that hope is making a comeback. It is making a comeback and let me tell you something, For the first time in my adult lifetime, I am really proud of my country. And not just because Barack has done well, but because I think people are hungry for change. I have been desperate to see our country moving in that direction and just not feeling so alone in my frustration and disappointment. I have seen people who are hungry to be unified around some basic common issues. It has made me proud.”

I dont know who im voting for yet, but this whole thing with him not saying the pledge of allegiance (or holding his hand over his heart, one or th other), the whole reverend wright stuff makes me not trust Obama AT ALL.

Don't believe any forwarded political emails. Obama says the pledge, has lead the pledge in the Senate, and places his hand over his heart when doing so. The photo you're referencing was of him singing the national anthem.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom