Fixing the Defense This Off Season (1 Viewer)

TruSaint

SR is my life!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
If i were fixing the defense this is what I would do.

1. Sign CB AJ Abouye Texans
2. Sign LB Malcom Smith Raiders
3. Draft DE Tim Williams Alabama
4. Resign Fairley

Base defense

DE cam
DT fairley
DT rankins
DE williams
LB Robertson
LB Smith
Joker Vaccaro
CB Bouye
CB Breaux
SS Bell
FS Byrd

This would also leave us some cash to spend on a decent guard in free agency.

That is a solid group all the way around from dline, to linebackers to corners to safeties.

Malcolm Smith is a free agent? Man. We need to jump all over that.

I'm biased because I like my linebackers taller than 6'2" but the man moves like a safety. Never hurts to have more sideline to sideline players.

Really like those moves! Does Tim Williams fit our 4-3 system?

Malcolm Smith is pretty overrated though, had a really good playoffs series a few years ago with Seahawks then Raiders overpaid for him

I like it...especially drafting a monster to pair with Cam at DE.

Really like those moves! Does Tim Williams fit our 4-3 system?

Malcolm Smith is pretty overrated though, had a really good playoffs series a few years ago with Seahawks then Raiders overpaid for him

I think yes, easily. Dont look too much at his weight, even tho 250 is big enough, Williams has freak strength.

That front 4 would be magical.

if i were fixing the defense this is what i would do.

1. Sign cb aj abouye texans
2. Draft lb reuben foster alabama
3. Draft de tanoh kpassagnon villanova
4. Resign fairley

base defense

de cam
dt fairley
dt rankins
de tanoh
lb robertson
lb foster
joker vaccaro
cb bouye
cb breaux
ss bell
fs byrd

this would also leave us some cash to spend on a decent guard in free agency.

That is a solid group all the way around from dline, to linebackers to corners to safeties.

fify :)

A couple guys I'd like to see the Saints go after are both former LSU players.

Kevin Minter and Mo Claiborne.

Minter is a solid all around LB that would fit our 3 safety sets well. He also shouldn't cost an excessive amount of money.

Claiborne was starting to really come around and was playing great before he hurt his groin. He still has upside and coming off injury will not have as high a price tag.

Grabbing these two would allow us enough money to still grab a quality OG and maybe even a vet DE.

A couple guys I'd like to see the Saints go after are both former LSU players.

Kevin Minter and Mo Claiborne.

Minter is a solid all around LB that would fit our 3 safety sets well. He also shouldn't cost an excessive amount of money.

Claiborne was starting to really come around and was playing great before he hurt his groin. He still has upside and coming off injury will not have as high a price tag.

Grabbing these two would allow us enough money to still grab a quality OG and maybe even a vet DE.

I'd be pretty stoked with Minter, Claiborne, and Kevin Zeiter. Would definitely be able to go BPA in the draft. Would prefer Bouye over Claiborne though.

I'd be pretty stoked with Minter, Claiborne, and Kevin Zeiter. Would definitely be able to go BPA in the draft. Would prefer Bouye over Claiborne though.

I think Zeitler will be the most expensive if he makes it to FA. I like Chance Warmack and Larry Warford. Both are RGs, young and talented, and I think Warmack could play RT if needed too.

I think Zeitler will be the most expensive if he makes it to FA. I like Chance Warmack and Larry Warford. Both are RGs, young and talented, and I think Warmack could play RT if needed too.

I'd be alright with any of the 3. If I had my choice, I'd make Zeitler the highest paid guard in the league. Just think he's that good.

That's some pretty awesome options really.

LB: Minter, Smith, Brown
CB: Johnson, Bouye, Claiborne
RG: Zeitler, Warmack, Warford

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom