Fixing the defense (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Great win, but we can’t keep pulling these wins with our defense like this. These games remind me of the 7-9 season...

What would you do NOW to fix the defense. GO ⬇️

Allen needs to blitz more and they need to be better designed. Less single high as well.

I thought we played it right through most of the 1st half, but then they broke lose on us deep right before halftime. At the end of the game, it was the blitzes that saved us.

Can someone answer why we let the WR leave the line and run right pass the CB? I thought you could hit the WR within 5 yards of releasing off the LOS?

I think the obvious is to move to more zone coverage because man coverage isn’t working without a pass rush. When we got to the QB today it was because we were in zone( at least from what i watched in real time).

The defense stepped up on that last drive and I'm grateful for it. The front seven played very well, I think, though the 2nd cb continues to be a problem. Not sure how to fix that unless we play three safeties, dedicating one to helping on that side. That means taking a lb off of the field, though.

Props to AJ Klein for a very good game. He's taken a lot of flak here and deserves the praise.

I really do think that OVERALL the D played great. Take away those open routes on our 2nd CB and the Onyemata penalty and they actually would have had not just a good but a splendid outing. So there's really just one giant gaping wound. The issue is that it's a killer. You couldn't roll safety help over the entire game because of Jones. And Sanu is pretty good, as well.

Unfortunately, unless we pull off a trade, we need one of the CBs on this team to really step it up. Not really any other answer than that. You scheme too much to protect that spot and this division will eat you alive.

Great win, but we can’t keep pulling these wins with our defense like this. These games remind me of the 7-9 season...

What would you do NOW to fix the defense. GO ⬇️
Serious question, Is it really fixable at this point? The pass rush, as much as people complain about it, isn't bad, in fact it has been our saving grace. If they would call holding on 25% percent of the times that Cam is held, that would be helpful. As for our secondary though, I don't see any hope. Between personnel and the play calling, we are destined to have games of this manner.

Hell, on one of their TD's they dropped Jordan into coverage and Ryan was able to drop a deuce before he threw the TD. I can't think of any 3rd & goal situation where I would put my best pass rusher into coverage.

Serious question, Is it really fixable at this point? The pass rush, as much as people complain about it, isn't bad, in fact it has been our saving grace. If they would call holding on 25% percent of the times that Cam is held, that would be helpful. As for our secondary though, I don't see any hope. Between personnel and the play calling, we are destined to have games of this manner.

Hell, on one of their TD's they dropped Jordan into coverage and Ryan was able to drop a deuce before he threw the TD. I can't think of any 3rd & goal situation where I would put my best pass rusher into coverage.

When a lot of what's happening is guys running wide open, uncovered (not talking about the deep balls but all the underneath/flats stuff), that's at least fixable.

On the long PI, we actually had the right call. Ridley wasn't going to catch that ball if we just don't interfere.

Please correct me if wrong - but when Davenport is in we have a pass rush. When its only Okafor we are not as consistent

not sure. the secondary was supposed to be our strength this year. so far they are garbage.

you HAVE to be able to keep a receiver from catching the ball without committing P.I. at least a few times a game.

Allen needs to blitz more and they need to be better designed. Less single high as well.

I thought we played it right through most of the 1st half, but then they broke lose on us deep right before halftime. At the end of the game, it was the blitzes that saved us.
Good input. I Felt like it was one man beating us the whole game. Ridley. And it’s not bc he is some incredible player, just terrible coverage

When a lot of what's happening is guys running wide open, uncovered (not talking about the deep balls but all the underneath/flats stuff), that's at least fixable.

On the long PI, we actually had the right call. Ridley wasn't going to catch that ball if we just don't interfere.
sheet, I was just happy he there to interfere with the pass! That, in and of itself, was a significant improvement of what we were witnessing up until that point.

Good input. I Felt like it was one man beating us the whole game. Ridley. And it’s not bc he is some incredible player, just terrible coverage

The defense was excellent in the 1st half overall except for PJ. The DL was getting pressure, we were shutting the run down, but PJ was just getting beat on basic patterns.

He was singlehandedly keeping the Falcons in the game. You have to think that's fixable, even if it means signing someone off the street like we did Moore a few years ago.

The defense stepped up on that last drive and I'm grateful for it. The front seven played very well, I think, though the 2nd cb continues to be a problem. Not sure how to fix that unless we play three safeties, dedicating one to helping on that side. That means taking a lb off of the field, though.

Props to AJ Klein for a very good game. He's taken a lot of flak here and deserves the praise.
true dat
solid run d
LBs have had good games last 2 weeks

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom