Flacco gets new contract {MERGED} (1 Viewer)

Just double checked the stats. Flacco has never thrown for more than 25 TDs or 4000 yards. He's never had a YPA over 7.5 and has thrown double digit INTs ever year he's been in the league, so you cant use the efficiency argument. Rodgers and Brees have thrown over 4k yards, 25 TDs and had a YPA > 7.5 every year for the past 5 years, except one year for Brees when he was YPA was ~7.0. So I guess by that standard Rodgers and Brees shoudl get around $30m per year.

When you pay a guy like that you're basically saying "Without him, we wouldn't hve the success we've had."

And I know that isn't true. The Ravens have always gone to war with their defense leading the way. Not some goofy looking hard throwing QB. Hell, since they drafted Flacco their team has been 3rd in scoring defense every season but this last one, when they dropped down to 12th. When you're routineley holding teams to like 16 points a game, you aren't asking your QB to carry a load. Not to mention that he has Ray Rice to take up a lot of the ball control slack.

They've just sunk a crapton of money into a mediocre quarterback that had one hot postseason.

The contracts are completely incomparable simply because they were not done in the same year.

The inflation on salaries are ridiculous because of the way the nfl rights to players work. You only get one contract every so often so its always going to be big in comparison to the salary cap.

Since the salary cap goes up every year its impossible to compare to salaries from two different years.

Its pretty much the same as comparing the "Kung Fu Panda" $631.7 million box office world wide to "Gone with the Winds" $198.7 million. Or comparing the original "Star Wars (New Hope 1977)" $461 million to "Star Wars I: The Phantom Mennace (1999)" $1,027 million. It doesnt make the greater grossing film the better film or even the more popular film.

Joe Flacco made a ton of money because he is the best available Free Agent in the Ravens eyes. Drew Brees was not available to buy.

Drew is no longer the leagues highest paid player guys, so can you stop complaining now?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

The contracts are completely incomparable simply because they were not done in the same year.

The inflation on salaries are ridiculous because of the way the nfl rights to players work. You only get one contract every so often so its always going to be big in comparison to the salary cap.

Since the salary cap goes up every year its impossible to compare to salaries from two different years.

Its pretty much the same as comparing the "Kung Fu Panda" $631.7 million box office world wide to "Gone with the Winds" $198.7 million. Or comparing the original "Star Wars (New Hope 1977)" $461 million to "Star Wars I: The Phantom Mennace (1999)" $1,027 million. It doesnt make the greater grossing film the better film or even the more popular film.

Joe Flacco made a ton of money because he is the best available Free Agent in the Ravens eyes. Drew Brees was not available to buy.
Ever hear of inflation rates? You can easily compare both movie gross and contracts using them. (Obviously you'd have to do the math to see what the NFL salary to cap inflation rate was.)

I just don't understand it. Joe Flacco? Really? I never thought I would look at Drew's deal as a bargain for the Saints but now, wow.

I know, I know, Flacco can play. But still, Joe Flacco?

Baltimore paid the man. It’s now up to Joe to prove he’s capable of replicating such a feat again. If he does, the Ravens will have no qualms about his new deal. If he struggles, those dollars start to become an onerous weight both in terms of expectations on the shoulders of Flacco as well as on the Ravens salary cap going forward.

Down at the One - The $120 million man

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom