Flag on record breaking play (1 Viewer)

Clintonrebel

Pro-Bowler
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
I was at the game and not on the web during the games so forgive me if this was discussed, but in all the hoopla, I missed the explanation of the flag that came after the record breaking play. Was it called for celebration? I recall thinking how stupid it would be to make a bush league call like that but maybe it was something else? Penalty was enforced on the kickoff.

I'm just happy they didn't suspend Payton and Loomis again.

I heard celebration. Was watching on TV and only heard mention of it.

Also a flag on Robertson at some point for taunting I think?

It was taunting on someone. right after the play, and had nothing to do with celebration as far as i know

they got flagged for excess celebration, I posted it on facebook I was appalled. Excess Celebration? The league owes the Saints an apology. Why on earth is a flag thrown when the league is stopping the whole game for a celebration. Its one thing to throw it but they actually enforced it on the ensuing kickoff.

I've read that it was unsportsmanlike conduct/taunting rather than excessive celebration. But I don't remember any explanation from the ref. Maybe he did announce the penalty but I was just too busy dancing and celebrating the new record. So... I have to assume the penalty was on me.

I heard celebration. Was watching on TV and only heard mention of it.

Also a flag on Robertson at some point for taunting I think?
one of the things that i've noticed is with the new focus on reffing, they often don't show replays of the actual fouls - it'll be the 4th replay of whatever cool play happened minutes ago, or goodguy player visiting a school, or whatever food the locals eat - anything except what the flag was about

not everytime, just enough to be hella annoying

They flagged the celebration and just kinda had to laugh at the stupidity of the NfL on that one. I saw a couple of national articles this morning that also mentioned it and how ignorant it was to do that.

It was "unsportsman like conduct" on M. Thomas.

1-10-NO 38 (2:46) (Shotgun) D.Brees pass deep right to T.Smith for 62 yards, TOUCHDOWN. Pass 24, YAC 38 P15 PENALTY on NO-M.Thomas, Unsportsmanlike Conduct, 15 yards, enforced between downs. With this TD pass completion, NO #9 D.Brees becomes the NFL's all-time leader in passing yardage

one of the things that i've noticed is with the new focus on reffing, they often don't show replays of the actual fouls - it'll be the 4th replay of whatever cool play happened minutes ago, or goodguy player visiting a school, or whatever food the locals eat - anything except what the flag was about

So I'm not the only one noticing this...

It was "unsportsman like conduct" on M. Thomas.

1-10-NO 38 (2:46) (Shotgun) D.Brees pass deep right to T.Smith for 62 yards, TOUCHDOWN. Pass 24, YAC 38 P15 PENALTY on NO-M.Thomas, Unsportsmanlike Conduct, 15 yards, enforced between downs. With this TD pass completion, NO #9 D.Brees becomes the NFL's all-time leader in passing yardage

And that settles that.

I have lost count of how many times I couldn’t wait to get home from the dome and watch the replay of what I felt was a controversial or blantantly bad call only to find out the TV crew did exactly what you said or immediately went to a promo for a new sitcom or something instead of addressing it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom