Flags removed from fire trucks... (1 Viewer)

MrVoodoo

Coach J
Reaction score
The banners were installed on the trucks at the request of the union, but a divided Board of Fire Commissioners determined they could distract other drivers and expose the city to civil liability.

US flags called 'liability,' ordered removed from New York fire trucks | Fox News

:aargh:

Ok... I understand various things, but.... a Flag on the back of a fire truck is considered a distraction?

I'm sorry but the truck itself is pretty distracting. If I see a fire truck, I'm often wondering if they're coming back from something - what happened, wonder if I know whoever was involved ... etc etc.. If the lights are on, yeah I'm pretty distracted by the truck anyway.

How... how can an American flag logically be more distracting than the truck itself?

They should have just called them flammable.

That'd work - lol. I just don't particularly get the liability from distraction on a fire truck, doesn't make sense.

There could be any number of various other reasons that I'd buy into, but fire trucks in and of themselves are distracting - I can't fathom a flag on the back being even more distracting.

example - where I work we don't fly flags all the time, just special events. Reason: the weathering of the flags led to expensive replacements. They could have just said that the flags cost $XX and would be required to be replaced at a frequency that would cost taxpayers money that we cannot support. Easy enough... fair enough...

Distraction? Drivers encounter numerous amounts of other things along their way that are more distracting than the flag on a fire truck.

Wait...should I remove the trail flag from my Jeep? I might cause someone to go off the trail.

Honestly, don't see a reason to remove them, but why the hell were they there in the first place? Do people doubt firemen's patriotism? Is showing off the flag a big part of firefighting? Do cops or EMTs or roadwork crews or inspection vehicles usually have flags flying?

I get it for parades, but why would any level of government vehicle outside of a motorcade, parade, ceremony or war zone be flying a flapping flag? I mean every state trooper doesn't have little state and federal flags flapping along to show that the police force has national or state pride, right? I just don't get why they were there at all. It's not offensive, and if a department had the money and a desire to have one it wouldn't bother me, but it makes zero sense for everyday doing their jobs.

Because democrats hate Old Glory?

Actually, no.

We adopted a formal resolution at our annual gathering of comrades earlier this summer, proclaiming party acceptance of the flag.

A motion to adopt apple pie as the official pie failed, though. I voted in favor, but there was a strong and unruly rhubarb contingent. Sigh...Democrats. Can't win 'em all.

Because democrats hate Old Glory?

When I was a kid, we used to have to take turns raising the flag, two of us would go to the office before school, get the Flag and run it up the flag pole, we were taught to never let the flag touch the ground or get it dirty or else we'd have to burn it because it was desecrated. Now it aggravates to the **** out of me to see people flying American flags on their car/truck as if they aren't disrespecting it allowing it to get dirty. And don't ******* tell me the flag is flying it aint getting dirty. Next you are going to tell me your car never gets dirty.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom