Flash - Season 5 (1 Viewer)

I'm down to kick it off.

Nora (who I think gets hotter with each episode) working with Reverse Flash is just not going to end well. She gets too "in the feels" and, while she might have the best of intentions, manages to screw things up. Look at this episode, she keeps getting caught up here and there and the distractions almost caused major issues. Throw in the fact that Thawne is incredibly manipulative and we've got ourselves a recipe for disaster. The rest of this season should be one of the best they've had on the show.

If I had one complaint about this season so far, it’s that it feels a little too Caitlyn/Killer Frost heavy. I don’t care much about that plot. And Chris Klein is laughably bad as Cicada, though he’s clearly having fun.

I loved the twist ending, and maybe for the first time since, it felt like the same excellent show it was back in season 1 where every episode ended like that. I’d have to imagine Nora is altruistic in her cause - maybe he told her how to time travel so she could meet her dad in exchange for information or something - but it obviously won’t end well. I’d be pretty happy if they wrap up the Cicada story around midseason and have a released Thawne end up being the big bad ala Alchemy/Savitar from a couple seasons back. He’s been their best villain (with both actors), but the show is just plain better with Tom Cavanagh providing that menace instead of that current season’s goofy version of Wells.

I actually like Killer Frost, so I don't mind more of her. The rest I pretty much agree. Tbh, I suspect they screwed up the time line by doing what Barry and Nora did. The ramifications should become apparent before long, I'm guessing. For a while I didn't like the time travel and multiverses but it's grown on me a bit and might as well enjoy it.

Seems like the DC team has found their stride this season. Arrow, Flash, heck even Supergirl, are all doing pretty good. Legends are the best though.

And Chris Klein is laughably bad as Cicada, though he’s clearly having fun.

Yeah, he's really bad. The suit and breathing apparatus help to mask his performance a little, but he stands out like a sore thumb whenever he's out of costume. He makes some big choices trying to be eeeeevilll. I laughed out loud at the end of the previous episode when he busted out that "They...will...DIIIIIEEE" line reading.

I'm curious as to why Thawne is looking like Wells in 2049.

Also, "clever girl" by Sherloque and Thawne Wells...

Interesting thoughts. Being that they got at least a couple of actors (Zoom and Morena Baccarin for new Gideon voice work) back to film new material, you'd think they could have got Eobard as well. Maybe he had other things to do and couldn't, so they just went this route.

Now, the "clever girl" thing is not one that I really caught the first time around. I think I'll have to watch this episode again. If Sherloque is Thawne, it's gonna make my brain hurt.

Interesting thoughts. Being that they got at least a couple of actors (Zoom and Morena Baccarin for new Gideon voice work) back to film new material, you'd think they could have got Eobard as well. Maybe he had other things to do and couldn't, so they just went this route.

Now, the "clever girl" thing is not one that I really caught the first time around. I think I'll have to watch this episode again. If Sherloque is Thawne, it's gonna make my brain hurt.

I think he was working on “Narcos: Mexico” so he wasn’t available. He seems to enjoy working with the Flash series and has even worked with some of the other Arrowverse shows so I don’t think it was a matter of him not wanting to come back.

Thawne reverted to looking like Wells during the Crisis on Earth X crossover last year. Explained away as him wanting to screw with Barry a bit, if I remember correctly.

My take is we already know Nora and future Iris have zero relationship. And everything she's learned has been from the Flash museum which has been established has massive gaps of missing info in Barry's real life narrative. So she went to Thawne thinking who better for info than his arch enemy? But she doesn't truly understand what he's capable of or what kind of manipulator he is and it's going to blow up in her face.

Just watched the first part of the Elseworlds crossover. I enjoyed that thoroughly. I had stayed pretty much spoiler free, so when a certain song and location came up, I geeked out. I won't spoil it yet, but when you see it, you'll know.

"Oh, Barry. What have you done this time?"
These crossovers always entertain. Sad The Legends aren't involved, though.

It sucks the Legends aren't involved but maybe because they aren't is why this first episode was the best first episode of any of the other crossover events. Every other one started slowly, not this one.

Just watched the first part of the Elseworlds crossover. I enjoyed that thoroughly. I had stayed pretty much spoiler free, so when a certain song and location came up, I geeked out. I won't spoil it yet, but when you see it, you'll know.
Yeah, that song definitely put a big nerd smile on my face.

I'll just ask this before I get into the crossover...

Any thought on the idea that I read somewhere that perhaps Nora isn't a West, but is, in fact, Thawne's?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom