Flaw in the London arguement (1 Viewer)

I say everyone needs to quit whining over missing one freakin home game. The argument is selfish.

Negative: local fan misses one game.

Positives:
local fans have one less game they have to pay for.
Team makes as much or more money playing the game.
Team gets opportunity to sell more merchandise
Team get opportunity to build bigger fan following
City of NOLA free EXPOSURE in Europe

Its done so deal with it and move on!!!!!!

:plus-un2:

It wasn't intended for this thread to be about whether we should or should not have had a game taken away from us (because there are already a ton of threads about that) but more about the fact that it is unlikely that this will happen to every team at some point. Most teams will not go through this science project. At least not while losing a regular season home game. Read into it what you will.

I say everyone needs to quit whining over missing one freakin home game. The argument is selfish.

Positives:

I agree with all those points.

All of these points were argued pretty well. What is your thoughts on the rebuttals?

Honestly, his last sentence shapes my thought on all the rebuttals.

Hey maybe they are going to take the Giant away game and change it to a HOME game................as PAYBACK. Keep your fingers crossed!!!!!!!!!!

Positives:

If you owned a business in New Orleans, I wonder if you would still consider this argument selfish.

I dont know how much you know about the Saints fan base, but I think you're forgetting some important people here. Local businesses, especially the little Mom & Pop ones, which depend on tourism. Not just in New Orleans but all through the state, as every game day weekend there is a mass migration from all over the Gulf South. Nothing "selfish" about thinking about those people.

to paraphrase myself from another thread: "Dont give me this "we're getting exposure" bull. Its not a Super Bowl. There wont be a red carpet with Paris and Brittany and paparratzi and balloons. Its not even likely to be shown in most markets-- ... In Europe, it'll be a footnote at the end of the sportscast, after the highlights of the days big SOCCER matches.

"Exposure?" (the world) already knows where New Orleans is. Reggie was last years biggest selling jersey--- NATIONWIDE.

Its a useless trip for a one day deal that nobody in Europe really cares about. Meanwhile, New Orleans business loses a valuable home game event, the team loses a home field advantage, and season ticket buyers lose their most attractive game.

No "whining" here, just thinking about the little people, and the big picture.

Good post. I'm sure the game will be shown in Europe, but it's not like this is a nationally televised prime-time game or anything. I know alot of football fans who didn't even know a game was played in London last year. When I told them about the Saints playing there they were like "The NFL is going to play a regular season game in England?". I don't think that game was even televised here. I have Sunday ticket so I could've watched it, but I didn't. I'm sure this will help Benson in the pocketbook. But how much help does he need? He bought the Saints for what $50 million or something? And the team is worth what? $840 million now? I'm sure he's really hurting for cash. Sadly this will hurt season ticket holders, local businesses, and possibly the Saints playoff chances. Nothing can be done about it now...Hopefully we just get this over with and don't have to do it again. But I'll bet we'll play another home game there before a team like Dallas plays their first one.

I agree with all those points.

Honestly, his last sentence shapes my thought on all the rebuttals.

I just don't see how a fan could not care about losing a home game.

Yay! we don't have to pay for an extra game and the team gets to make a lot of money! :9:

the Saints can make up for one missed marquee regular season game by getting home field in the playoffs. Case closed.

the Saints can make up for one missed marquee regular season game by getting home field in the playoffs. Case closed.

Yeah thats so easy. Why doesnt somebody shoot an email to the front office and let them know. Why didnt the Dolphins think of that? :hihi:

I just don't see how a fan could not care about losing a home game.

Yay! we don't have to pay for an extra game and the team gets to make a lot of money! :9:

What? Us out of state fans don't count to you? :9:

The point is, it's happening and there isn't much, if anything, that can be done to stop it. So what's the point of whining about it? Accept it, know that there are at least some positives to be had and move on.

ding! your fries are ready!

Sniper Wolf;908880 said:
The point is, it's happening and there isn't much, if anything, that can be done to stop it. So what's the point of whining about it?
Nope, I'm going to "whine" about it. In fact, I may just raise some hell. Youre forgetting that front office personnel look at this site. In fact, media members look here also, who routinely check to see what our mood is on some issues. It was the media that raised so much hell for us, when the talk of moving the team came out. I dont know how much you've read about it yet, but so far all of the media is giving this Euro-bowl idea the thumbs down. Much of it for the same reasons we have brought out here. Your opinion is, of course, welcome, but nationally syndicated writers agree with me.

The media, front office, and the league are gonna know exactly how we feel about this. Beginning with us burning up the boards, and then taking it to other teams boards. Some of us are already writing letters and emails. ... and culminating with a big, media-covered protest/ blackout-- PARTY in New Orleans which supports the businesses which lose out from the lost game. (see below for details) We'll get help from every NFL fan-base.
quoting myself for another thread: "
I say we take Oct. 26th off, and we let the NFL & its sponsors know about it. Instead of watching football and seeing the tv ads, we're having a big party in New Orleans, eating at the restaurants, buying the stuff, drinking the beer, supporting the small businesses. But not watching the NFL or supporting its sponsors for just one day.

Yeah, I know, its stupid. But what if we invited fans in other cities to join us? After all, they're next. Maybe some of them would even take a little getaway to N.O. I guarantee my Houston friends would join. Fans on strike.

What would this do? 1. Help local businesses recoup their losses.
2. Demonstrate to the NFL that football belongs to American fans. WE made them. And #3. Another excuse to party. We're not asking you to get arrested, or fight anybody, just do what we do best---- spend money and have fun!
Feel free to join us.

Yeah thats so easy. Why doesnt somebody shoot an email to the front office and let them know. Why didnt the Dolphins think of that? :hihi:
Tee hee I guess we should also shoot an email to the front office to let them know we aren't happy and that will most certainly change the fact that we are playing in London. :hihi:

When life gives you lemons...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom