Flaw in the London arguement (1 Viewer)

I just think that ths saints and Chargers should have the Bye after this game and it should be played on a Tuesday or something to give time ato rest after the long trip and more time to prepare for the game.

I just think that ths saints and Chargers should have the Bye after this game and it should be played on a Tuesday or something to give time ato rest after the long trip and more time to prepare for the game.

With the time difference, there is no way that the game can be played on a week day and still satisfy both sides of the pond. Another reason why this will be logistically difficult in the longrun.

That is what happened last time and will happen again. I think the Chargers will play on the East Coast the week prior to the game so they only adjust to a 5 hour time difference instead of the 8 back in San Diego. Not sure what the time difference is between New Orleans and London(I'd guess 6 hours?).

Nope, I'm going to "whine" about it. In fact, I may just raise some hell. Youre forgetting that front office personnel look at this site. In fact, media members look here also, who routinely check to see what our mood is on some issues. It was the media that raised so much hell for us, when the talk of moving the team came out. I dont know how much you've read about it yet, but so far all of the media is giving this Euro-bowl idea the thumbs down. Much of it for the same reasons we have brought out here. Your opinion is, of course, welcome, but nationally syndicated writers agree with me.

Hoss, I've been here since 2003, I'm fully aware of the SOS campaign.

But, you bring up an even better point. The New Orleans Saints would be The some-other-city-not-named-New-Orleans Saints right now if the NFL hadn't stepped in, grabed Ben$on by the short hairs and pulled him back.

There's a debt there and the NFL is calling that debt in. Instead of raging against the machine, why not remember what the NFL did for the city and accept the decision with grace.

Tee hee I guess we should also shoot an email to the front office to let them know we aren't happy and that will most certainly change the fact that we are playing in London. :hihi:

When life gives you lemons...

Tee hee Ive voiced my displeasure but I never said I was gonna shoot them an email because it wont do any good. Neither will bending over and taking it without even caring about the Saints losing the home game and wishing we can just win home field to make up the home game.

Wish in one hand.....

The New Orleans Saints would be The some-other-city-not-named-New-Orleans Saints right now if the NFL hadn't stepped in, grabed Ben$on by the short hairs and pulled him back.

There's a debt there and the NFL is calling that debt in. Instead of raging against the machine, why not remember what the NFL did for the city and accept the decision with grace.

+1 :9:

Tee hee Ive voiced my displeasure but I never said I was gonna shoot them an email because it wont do any good. Neither will bending over and taking it without even caring about the Saints losing the home game and wishing we can just win home field to make up the home game.

Wish in one hand.....
Get over it. Its happening one time and it was announced a few years ago that all of the NFL teams would be playing a foreign game at some point. So what you call "bending over and taking it" I call "not being whiny about something we knew would happen." But go ahead, egg on the issue.

And you were the one that oh so humorously suggested shooting the front office a message with my plan. Why would I send word to the front office to tell them that I am okay with what they are doing?

Get over it. Its happening one time and it was announced a few years ago that all of the NFL teams would be playing a foreign game at some point. So what you call "bending over and taking it" I call "not being whiny about something we knew would happen." But go ahead, egg on the issue.

Im sorry if you cant understand why a lot of Saints fans are mad that their team is at a disadvantage next year before the season even starts. Im sorry if you cant understand why people are upset that we are losing a home game after we've only had two seasons back in the dome so the nfl can follow through with their stupid plan and put on a game in front of a bunch of people who couldnt care less about football. Even if you dont get it, we have every right to be mad for a while and vent about it. Get over it? Get over yourself.

And you were the one that oh so humorously suggested shooting the front office a message with my plan. Why would I send word to the front office to tell them that I am okay with what they are doing?

It was obviously a joke as designated by this :hihi: thing. For some reason you took it the wrong way and came back with an attitude and I replied in kind. Feel free to get the last word though because Im not gonna get into a long drawn out argument over a misunderstanding of something that was obviously said tongue in cheek.

Disadvantage?

Excuse me, but are the Giants - who played in London - not in the Super Bowl?

And what, exactly, is the Saints home record for the past two seasons?

I'm sorry, but I'm not buying the "its a disadvantage" theme.

Thanks for letting me get the last word in though!

Disadvantage?

So you don't believe in home field advantage? Its an obvious advantage. If you think playing in London is not a problem and fans should stop complaining that is one thing, but to say that having 65+ thousand Saints fans screaming at the top of their lungs for there team doesnt help then I dont know what to tell you.

Disadvantage?

Disadvantage = 7 home games to every other teams 8. Dolphins were the home team for the London game this year not the Giants. Just had to clear that up.

So you don't believe in home field advantage? Its an obvious advantage. If you think playing in London is not a problem and fans should stop complaining that is one thing, but to say that having 65+ thousand Saints fans screaming at the top of their lungs for there team doesnt help then I dont know what to tell you.
That sure hasn't been the case the past few years :dunno:

Disadvantage = 7 home games to every other teams 8. Dolphins were the home team for the London game this year not the Giants. Just had to clear that up.
Giants won what... 10 games in a row on the road? London sure is scary!

That sure hasn't been the case the past few years :dunno:

Giants won what... 10 games in a row on the road? London sure is scary!

Well lets just play all of our games on the road. OMG we suxz at HOMz

Come on, give the fans that attend the games in the Dome some credit. We have one of the most hostile home field advantages in the league. Go rewatch that Ealgles playoff game and the Falcons opener again. You cannot tell me the crowd doesnt make a difference. It may not be the difference every week, but when the game is on the line I would rather have 60+ thousand Saints fans screaming at the top of their lungs than 90+ people talking about the soccer match that was on the night before.

The fundamental premise of this thread is basically correct--in the next few seasons, the concept of playing one regular season game abroad will be changed. In fact, after another year or two, the NFL will have enought information to change or bury the concept--either increasing significantly the number of games to be played abroad or killing the experiment.

The Saints are going and losing a home game because our ownership did not protest, at least not loudly. Perhaps most other owners would not protest as well, but certainly some would. Further, the league's financial compensation to Benson for loss of a home game is less than the compensation that might have to be paid to most teams (but before you begin to pity Benson, keep in mind that his organization is debt-free and his expenses minimal--the professional making $200,000 per year in Des Moines, Iowa, or Jackson, Mississippi, is financially better off than if he were living in New York City making $300,000).

If Benson had reservations about the game, the league simply ignored his protest or made pledges that will help Benson in other ways.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom