Fleener third string on Saints latest depth chart? (1 Viewer)

Fleener is third string because there is a real battle between Hoomanawanui and Allen for a spot. Apparently the staff wanted to give them equal reps against equal competition, so Fleener (a known commodity) will be relegated to spot duty off the bench.

Fleener is third string because there is a real battle between Hoomanawanui and Allen for a spot. Apparently the staff wanted to give them equal reps against equal competition, so Fleener (a known commodity) will be relegated to spot duty off the bench.

Hooman and Allen? Hooman should have a spot on this roster, he did really well last season, Josh Hill has shown next to nothing so far.

Underhill calling it weird also adds some intrigue to it. Truth is they want to get other guys work. They may be looking to keep 4 TEs and want to get the younger guys some looks to see who flashes.

-Ahh I see. Hill/Allen will get some work "Hills had a quiet camp"
-Coleman is now the #4 behind Cooks. Thomas is 3rd.
-Onyemata will prob move up to 2nd team.
-Von Bell has leaped Erik Harris likely to get him some work and keep Harris ready for the 3rd game.
-RJ Harris/Reggie Bell are going to get a good look this 2nd game. Aren't cuts coming up soon?
-Stupar will prob get a lot of work. Will start at Sam and maybe flip to Will when the 2nd unit comes in
-Kelemente,Allen, and Lemon look to be online for a lot of work.
-Hightower will get a lot of work and that interest me because myself and others think he's in a battle with Lasco and this could be an audition for another team. Lasco would appear to be more valuable due to his ability to play STs
-Or maybe Payton would keep 5 RBs because they are more talented than other players.
-Crawley and Harris are going to get a lot of work.
- Keenan Lewis intrigues me too. The fact that he's spoken out and said IR isn't in his plans means he's been informed that's a possibility. In fact the designation to return may have been an option but Sheldons injury has no muddied the waters for Lewis. That would almost make Finnegam a lock. Breaux,Williams,Finnegan,Swann,Harris,Crawley is a possibility if he can't get healthy.

All speculation
Accordingto NFL rule changes no one particular player has to be designated for IR. So, they can put both Lewis and Robbins on IR and bring one of them back when healthy. My gut tells me though if Lewis goes on IR they will probably do an ijnury settlement.

Hooman and Allen? Hooman should have a spot on this roster, he did really well last season, Josh Hill has shown next to nothing so far.

I am still shock that they resigned Hill. At best he is average. Not really a good blocker and not great at running. I am curious about Manhertz and Allen and their development.

Honestly, I don't even look at the depth charts. I just look at the rosters to figure out who number XY is.

The only depth chart that matters is who's starting and backing up in these preseason games.

Pretty sure I read somewhere that the P.R. staffs put these early season depth charts together.

Nothing to see here. Our $36 million tight end isn't going to be third string due to one preseason game folks.

Isn't this just for the next game? Makes perfect sense if so.

Fleener will do the 40 up-downs he owes and be reinstated to no 1 on the depth chart.

Judging by the Saints' awarding of both contracts and depth chart positions, they assess it far differently than you and most posters.

I am still shock that they resigned Hill. At best he is average. Not really a good blocker and not great at running. I am curious about Manhertz and Allen and their development.

Yeah, I don't wish ill on Hill and would like to see him come around and be a quality player for us, but the signing to beat out the Bear's offer was a real head scratcher.

Judging by the Saints' awarding of both contracts and depth chart positions, they assess it far differently than you and most posters.

That's for sure, I just want to know why. I hope to see it soon.

Yeah, I don't wish ill on Hill and would like to see him come around and be a quality player for us, but the signing to beat out the Bear's offer was a real head scratcher.

I wonder if Bears claimed Connor Shaw as retaliation for this. :hihi:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom