Fletcher Mackel: Saints' 2016 season is over, Sean Payton told us so (1 Viewer)

crawfish2010

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Don't hurt the messenger.

Fletcher Mackel: Saints' 2016 season is over, Sean Payton told us so | New Orleans - WDSU Home

Back in July at training camp, I was surprised by Payton's comments. I felt like he was betting his entire season on four weeks. I understand motivational tactics, but to me, it just always seemed like such a bold, uncharacteristic statement from a head coach who usually doesn't say things like that in the media.

Since Payton and Drew Brees arrived in New Orleans, the Saints have started four different seasons with an 0-2 record (2007, 2012, 2014 and 2015).

This is again overblown and mis-characterized. SP did not say the season would be over if they go 0-2. This is just another weak attempt in this media starving society to create a story. SP doesn't have to concern himself with Fletcher Mackel. He needs to maintain his locker room. That's all.

Since Payton and Drew Brees arrived in New Orleans, the Saints have started four different seasons with an 0-2 record (2007, 2012, 2014 and 2015).

All of those years, the final result was a 7-9 overall record and no playoffs

Fletcher Mackel;DR

For real. Dude is a drama queen with the biggest case of the "I told you so's" I've ever seen from a local, pretty much 4th rate sports department that is Channel 6.

What's better is that Payton made a comment about starting fast in the first four weeks and this ****** is making it seem like he said something that he did not say whatsoever, all so he can generate some clicks for that awful web site.

If we are 2-2 going into the bye week everything is still in front of us . no to mention weren't we 1-3 to start the 2000 season ? we went 10-6 and won our first playoff game ever .. I know the numbers say we are already out of the post season but that's a joke considering we are 1 game out of the division .

Well, I guess that settles it. Anyone up for Parcheesi tournament on Sunday afternoons going forward?

Soooooo theoretically speaking, if the Saints come out and annihilate the Falcons and Chargers and go into the BYE 2-2, with a chance to take a half game lead over the Panthers in week 6, the season will be... "over"???

:smilielol:

It's mackel , without a doubt the WORST sports reporter out there. I won't even dignify him with a capitol in his name . He's a prime example of how BAD journalism has gotten .I turn him off when I see his face or hear his voice

"I think it will be important for this team to play well early on. That early start, those first four weeks before the bye, will be important. That's an obvious statement, yet (it's true), certainly for this team,"

I'm sure we didn't account for injuries in the start of training camp, also how did Fletcher correlate the season is over by that comment above by Payton.

"I think it will be important for this team to play well early on. That early start, those first four weeks before the bye, will be important. That's an obvious statement, yet (it's true), certainly for this team," Payton answered.

Nowhere in the answer to the question does Sean say the season is over if we lose. He just mentions us needing to play well (win or lose).

But the common fan can do the math 0-2= no playoffs.

Enjoy a season where we grow a lot, because if you can't enjoy that, next season when we do amazing you will be asking yourself, "How did we get to this point?"

Man, what a reach.

Guess he's trying to get hits/clicks, since everyone is upset.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom