Flight tomorrow during game. Need advice (1 Viewer)

B-Train

The West Bank's Favorite Son
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Fellow who dats. I'm flying from Seattle to Miami tomorrow with a layover in Atlanta. Flying from west coast to east coast totally blows, and this is a game I've particularly been waiting for for a while now too. I land in Atlanta about an hour after kickoff then board my flight to Miami an hour after that.

I'll be flying delta which will allow me to purchase internet on the plane. I believe it will also have satellite TV available but not sure what channels I get and if I can watch the game that way.

Does anyone have any experience? Since I can purchase internet I assume/hope I can use my phone to either listen on a radio app or watch on the NFL Sunday ticket app.

Any experience or advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fellow who dats. I'm flying from Seattle to Miami tomorrow with a layover in Atlanta. Flying from west coast to east coast totally blows this is a game I've particularly been waiting for for a while now. I land in Atlanta about an hour after kickoff then board my flight to Miami an hour after that.

I'll be flying delta which will allow me to purchase internet on the plane. I believe it will also have satellite TV available but not sure what channels I get and if I can watch the game that way.

Does anyone have any experience? Since I can purchase internet I assume/hope I can use my phone to either listen on a radio app or watch on the NFL Sunday ticket app.

Any experience or advice would be greatly appreciated!!

As a ff on Delta, the gogoinflight internet service sucks and does not support streaming video from any resource besides Delta streaming videos, you will be able to audio stream the game assuming you have the Sirius app and you might make it through without any interruptions. If they do have satellite tv's on board you will have access to the major networks so it depends on the feed they will be broadcasting. Be prepared for for the tv streams to freeze on each in air announcement by the flight crew.

Well if you can use wifi on the plane I would definitely recommend that you use https://www.reddit.com/r/nflstreams/

Just click away from ads and you should be fine.

Check the satellite tv channels first, because a lot of in-flight wifi will specifically block video streams. So the Sunday Ticket app might not work.

But, if you purchase inflight wifi, and the app doesnt work, you *might* still have luck with the nflstreams link up there.

Just look for a link that specifically says "Mobile friendly", and try to find low bitrate streams, like 360 or 480p. They might slide past any inflight wifi video filters, which generally look for things like netflix or youtube streaming in 720p or 1080p HD.

I can confirm, the onboard wifi might as well be produced with a 14.4 modem.

WiFi on planes is horrible. Many times it just stops due to "movement" as the plane system will say. Your best hope is to update your scores feed and hope for that to work.

Thank you everyone. I will try that Reddit Link as I can usually find a stream or two on there that works; hopefully it will be okay for the flight.

Even if I just get a radio stream working I'll be happy, but worse case scenario I can just use wifi to track the gamecast on the ESPN app. I'm sure the ticker on the state lite tv will show scores too, even if that's not the most desired course of action.

Thank you everyone. I will try that Reddit Link as I can usually find a stream or two on there that works; hopefully it will be okay for the flight.

Even if I just get a radio stream working I'll be happy, but worse case scenario I can just use wifi to track the gamecast on the ESPN app. I'm sure the ticker on the state lite tv will show scores too, even if that's not the most desired course of action.

Sign up for a free month of Sirius online, assuming that promotion is active. I have had decent luck with the audio feed and switch to the online tickers when the service is interrupted.

I managed to stream half the Panthers and Saints game a couple weeks ago on a flight with the Sunday Ticket App. It worked for the most part with crappy wifi that says no streaming allowed but that app wasn't blocked FWIW.

In this scenario, since the game will be interrupted anyway I would start thinking about how soon can I rewatch it afterwards. I like the game pass thing or there's usually torrents around...

The way the Saints have been playing it will likely be a nail biter settled by not too many points. When I can't watch straight through I'm always anxious to see it in it's entirety to see how it all played out.

When I was on southwest, I purchased their wifi. It came with a few channels of tv which included a couple games. And then for an additional $4 I bought red zone and watched the rest from there. Wasn't ideal, but it helped.

I managed to stream half the Panthers and Saints game a couple weeks ago on a flight with the Sunday Ticket App. It worked for the most part with crappy wifi that says no streaming allowed but that app wasn't blocked FWIW.

That's good to hear!! Hopefully I get the same treatment; even if it's laggy it would still be better than nothing.

Alright in the air right now. Feel like George jetson watching live tv and having wifi, haha.

Thanks to all who responded. I have the Bengals-Redskins game on now on the satellite TV; I hope that fox shows the saints game but I guess I'll have to wait a few hours to find out for sure. Either way I'll be able to at least listen in on the radio if I can't stream it

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom